Dr. Malinda McKillip, Principal
Back In The Swing of Things
We have hit the ground running and we are looking forward to a number of exciting activities and upcoming events in the near future! Many thanks in advance for reading through this entire newsletter for important information and updates. As always, please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns. ~Malinda McKillip
Giant A+ Rewards
If you have not done so already, please consider registering your Giant Bonus Card to help support French Creek Elementary. This past summer Giant Food Stores awarded French Creek a check for nearly $6,000.00 as a result of parent, family, and community support. Many, many thanks!
How to Register:
- You will need your 11-digit BONUSCARD® number found on the back of the card
- Visit www.giantfoodstores.com click on SIGN IN, MANAGE MY ACCOUNT, SAVINGS & REWARDS (top right) to log on to your online account or click REGISTER to create your on-line account. Once you are logged in to your account, you can select a school for A+ Rewards.
- Or you can call the BONUSCARD® Hotline at 1-888-814-4268 and select Option #1 for assistance.
- If you have a BONUSCARD® but do not know your 11-digit BONUSCARD® number, call the BONUSCARD® HOTLINE at 1-888-814-4268 and select Option #1.
Online Student Information Update (Closing Soon!)
Please be sure to update important information pertaining to your child in Skyward Family Access as soon as possible. The portal will be closing soon!
To complete the Annual Information Update Process:
- Login to Skyward
- Click the Annual Information Update tab on the left
- Select a child
- Fill out the forms on the page
- When finished all steps, click Submit Annual Information Update (If the submit button is greyed out, you must go back and complete all sections.)
If you have any difficulties, please contact the school office for assistance.
Parent Involvement & PTA
Parent involvement is essential to help promote our students’ learning. All parents, guardians, and teachers are welcome to become members of the PTA regardless of the amount of time you can give to support additional programs and activities. I encourage everyone to actively participate in our PTA and join us for meetings throughout the school year.
If you have not done so already, please take a moment to visit and join our PTA webpage. This site offers parents the opportunity to sign up for email notifications, receive information related to upcoming special events, student clubs, and family togetherness activities in one convenient location. The site also offers parents the option to make online payments for PTA membership and PTA sponsored after school clubs.
Ice Cream Social (Volunteers Still Needed)
Student Store Volunteer Opportunity
While at school, we encourage you to have lunch with your child (maybe even bring them a special treat) in the Wildcat Cafe. After lunches are over at 1:00 PM, volunteers close the store, count out the cash box, and deposit the day's earnings in our drop box. Easy peasy, and so much fun!
Please visit the PTA website, click on the PTBoard link, and then click on Volunteer Sign Up.
First Friday Fun
Important Information for Parents
Please click here if you wish to express interest in becoming a homeroom parent and/or submit a request to Opt Out of the student directory. Kindly respond by Wednesday, September 12th.
Back to School Open House
All parents and guardians are encouraged to attend our annual Back to School Open House on Tuesday, September 11th for students in grades K-3 and Wednesday, September 12th for students in grades 4-6. The purpose of this evening is to provide parents with a general overview of grade level expectations, curriculum, and special events. Teachers will present the same information during each of the three sessions listed below. Please plan your classroom visits based upon your own personal convenience.
Session 1: 6:30-6:55 PM
Session 2: 7:00-7:25 PM
Session 3: 7:30-7:55 PM
Back to School Night is an extremely well attended event which has been planned purposely for parents. We request that children do not attend.
Please note: Back to School Night babysitting is available as a community service from members of Coventryville United Methodist Church and FC Girl Scout Troop 4137. Please see additional information below.
Student Clubs and Activities
Science Explorers Grades 1-5
French Creek Football Night
Join our school community for French Creek Football Night on Friday, September 14, 2018. The Wildcats will play at 7:00 pm in the OJR High School stadium. Each French Creek student is being given one free student ticket for this game when chaperoned by an adult. For safety purposes, NO child will be admitted without an adult.
REFLECTIONS is a National PTA creative arts competition. Each year hundreds of thousands of students in preschool through grade 12 create and submit original works in the areas of dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts. The theme this year is "Heros Around Me".
All submissions are to be turned into Mrs Horosky or Mrs. Walls by Friday, November 2nd.
There will be no school for students on Monday, October 8th.
Please save the date! This is always an extremely well attended event and we enjoy welcoming all of our special guests each year. However, in order to ensure student and staff safety, all guests must be pre-registered. Please look for RSVP forms to be emailed out in the very near future.
Thursday, October 11th
Thursday, October 11th
Friday, October 12th
- The French Creek main office is open between 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM. Calls or messages received after 4:00 PM will be returned as soon as possible the following school day.
- Please make it a priority to call the Attendance Line at (610) 469-5688 to report a student absence. In addition, please make sure to send in an excuse note any time your child is absent from school. Click here for more information related to attendance related matters.
- Please be reminded that all volunteers, homeroom parents, and field trip chaperones must have proper clearances on file in the main office. Please visit the French Creek website to access the required forms and application under “Quick Links”.
- Please note OJR Board Policy limits non-school sponsored travel to 3 school days per year. Please refer to the French Creek website and click on the “Student Travel Form” link under “QuickLinks”.
- Twitter is the official social media platform used by our school district. Please follow us @OwenJRoberts FC. You can also like us on Facebook and Instagram. We love to share all of the exciting things happening in our school and classrooms!
FC Commons at 9:30 AM
FC Commons at 7:00 PM
First Friday Fun Day
Crazy Hat Day
Professional Development Day (No School for Students)
Grandfriends' Day (Grades K-3)
9:30-10:30 AM & PM Kindergarten 12:30-1:30 PM
Grandfriends' Day (Grades 4-6)
Picture Retake Day
REA Safe Trick or Treat Night
OJR High School