Pickerington Tiger Sharks
Week 8: Last Week of Practice, Champs, and Banquet Info
Hi Tiger Shark Fam!
Coming at you a little earlier than normal this week because have a lot of information going out about Champs and the Banquet. We don't want to be scrambling 2 days before. This last week is going to be a whirlwind, so stay up on your emails and Remind texts. Please make sure you are reading everything thoroughly especially about CHAMPS.
Highlights for this week: Lots of RSVP's on the website!!!
- Champs Info below! Declare swimmers by July 17th at 3pm if you have participated in three regular season meets.
- RSVP for the Banquet by July 17th at 9pm
- Mascot Relays and Donuts!
- We are looking for someone to take over Concessions next season. If you are interested, Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Champs Info - Please declare your swimmer by July 17th at 3pm!
The Dresden Swim Center 1330 Main St. Dresden, Ohio 43821 on WEDNESDAY July 20th. (Parking map and Team Camp are linked below)
To qualify to swim at Champs, your swimmer must have swam at 3 regular meets this season (including Bexley). Please declare your swimmer by July 17th at 3pm!
The team at Dresden has included several PDFs of local hotels if you choose to stay closer the night before and a list of restaurants especially if you have swimmers in both age groups. There is a restaurant on site as well! See those pdfs listed below.
Ages 11 and up: 7:00am-7:15am (lanes 5-8), please arrive at 6:45am to check in
Ages 10 and under: warm-ups to begin at 2:30pm-2:40pm (lanes 5-8) or as soon as the first session is over. Please arrive at 2:00, just in case warms up begin earlier. Meet begins at 3:00 or as soon as possible.
Volunteers NEEDED: You will not have to work the full 5 hours, but will work one half of your session.
Timers: 6 timers per session (3 per half)
Bullpen: 4 per session (2 per half)
- FULL CONCESSIONS will be available onsite at The Hangout (cash and card accepted) (the pool's concession stand)!
- Special Meet Menu items include:
- Pulled pork sandwiches - smoked by our own Doug Lindsley!!
- Bill's BBQ Macaroni Salad and Cole Slaw
- Grilled cheese, ham & cheese, French fries, nachos, soft pretzels, mozzerella sticks, mac 'n' cheese bites, chicken sticks
- Dresden Tavern Pizza
- Chicken salad croissant sandwiches
- Donald's Delicious Donuts (a Zanesville favorite!!)
- Sausage sandwiches and breakfast crunch wraps (sausage, egg, cheese + hashbrowns in a tortilla)
- Lots of drinks (water, Pepsi products, Gatorade, chocolate milk, protein drinks, fruit juices, etc.)
- Conn's Potato Chips (made right here in Muskingum Co!)
- Candy and Ice Cream novelties, including cookie dough!
- Watermelon and other local fruits
- Applesauce pouches, yogurt, and string cheese
- Locally made beef sticks
- Kettle corn
- Food Trucks - Kona Ice and another truck will be offering hamburgers and hotdogs
- The Hangout is air-conditioned for those who want to eat in! Additional restrooms are also available inside The Hangout.
- Coolers are okay but are subject to search (facility rule).
- Tobacco, alcohol, vapes and other illegal substances are always prohibited at the Dresden Swim Center.
- We kindly request that all teams CLEAN UP your TRASH at the end of the meet. Thanks!!!
See you Wednesday. Doors and gate will open at 6am.
TCAL Championship t-shirts
Orders for Champs t-shirts will be different this year due to not having a presale.
*Sale will begin during the first session (there is a morning and an afternoon session)
*Limited sizes available in Youth Medium, Youth Large, Small, Medium, Large, XL, 2XL, 3XL
*All sizes $18.00 each
End of the Season Banquet (July 22 from 8-10pm)
Join the Tiger Sharks for our end of the season Banquet and Pool Party. We will have a short awards ceremony followed by Pizza, drinks and desserts at the pool. We do have capacity limits at the pool. Pictures and past ribbons will be available as well!
Please remember this event is only for swimmers and their immediate family members.
Please RSVP for the party on the website by July 17th at 9pm:
How many from your family will be attending our Banquet and Pool Party?
Please sign up any attending sibling guest over 10 years old as adult guests. This will allow us to get a more accurate head count for pizza. Please indicate whether you or a family member has an dietary restrictions.
We also need everyone to contribute for the party as well by supplying the following:
- Last Names: A-L Please bring drinks (water bottles and cans only, no 2 liters)
- Last Names: M-Z Please bring desserts (cupcakes, brownies, cookies, no nuts and nothing that needs to be cut, please indicate whether they are truly gluten free)
Executive Board - Looking for New Faces
We are looking for a new concessions person, please let us know if you are interested.
Official board elections will be in October, so stay tuned!
Practice Schedule and Events: July 18- 22
Monday and Tuesday only (July 17th and 18th)
- 11 and up: 7:00am -8:00am
- 10 and under: 7:50am - 8:50am
Important Upcoming Dates
- July 18th - Funday Practice and Donuts for Breakfast
- July 19th - Last Day of Practice
- July 20th - Champs (July 21st Rain Date)
- July 22nd - End of Season Banquet
- August 7th - Executive Board Meeting (3pm at Combustion)
- August 9th - Fundraiser at Chipotle
Easy way to Donate
Pickerington Tiger Sharks
President: Abbey Fatica
Past President: Sheri McClurg
Vice President: Amanda Orr
Secretary: Sheri McClurg
Treasurer: Amy Schiebel
League Representative: Dione Windle
Meet Director: Sherman Sutherland
Technology Officer: Wes Jones
Fundraising Chair: Lisa Winters
Communications Chair: Mindy Thomas
Banquet Chair: Kim Cappadonia
Fourth of July Chair: