One of the Best African-American Writers of This Time
About Jacqueline Woodson
Jacqueline Woodson lives in Brooklyn, New York. She mainly writes stories in her free time. Did you know that she finished one of her books in one week, and it only needed a little revision; the next book she wrote after that took four years. Jacqueline has written many books for children and young adults. The books she writes relate to our modern life. In her books If You Come Softly and Hush a black character is shot and killed by white cops. Jacqueline's books are enjoyed by people nationwide.
Common Themes Found In Books By Jacqueline Woodson
Common Character Traits of Jacqueline Woodson Characters
Usual Sentence Types On A Jacqueline Woodson Page
- 67% of sentences on a page are simple sentences.
- 11% of sentences on a page are compound sentences.
- 18% of sentences on a page are compound sentences.
- 3% of sentences on a page are compound and complex sentences.
- 1% of sentences on a page are a different type of sentence.
Usual Sentence Contents On A Jacqueline Woodson
- 12 sentences start with the subject of the sentence.
- 2 sentences start with a FANBOYS.
- 0 sentences start with however, moreover, or in addition.
- 1 sentence start with a prepositional phrase.
- 1 sentence starts with an "It-cleft".
- 0 sentences start with the word "there".