Read "Owl"bout It
Welcome Back Newsletter!
Important Reminders/Save the Date:
June 2nd and June 3rd: Sixth Grade Musical at 7:00 pm
June 6th (rain date June 8th): Field Day
June 9th: Walk 4 WES
June 21st: 6th grade graduation party will take place from 5:00-7:00 in the gym
June 22nd: 6th grade graduation at 1:00 pm
June 22nd and 23rd: half days for the students with 11:50 dismissal
June 23rd: Last day of school
Grade 5: Sci/Tech 5/23-24
The clothing sale was a success and made $2300 in sales. The PTO would like to thank all the volunteers that helped with the sale: Stacy Pesce, Caroline McKeough, Kristin Perez, October Cellana, Laura Day, Katrina Klaus Wied, Karen Benko, Helen Yorke, Meike Kaan, Tara Olney, Daniel Aalberts, Esme Aalberts, Rocky Pesce, Nina Wied, Kristina, Boucher, Sarah Raymond, Erica Dankmeyer, Noelle Sullivan, Carl Strolle, Jessica Cook and her Mount Greylock student volunteers, Jim O'Brien and the custodial staff, and the WES administration. We'd also like to thank everyone that donated clothing and everyone who shopped. We will continue to collect clothing outside the school and look forward to the next sale.
- We are looking for volunteers to help coordinate Walk 4 WES and to help at Field Day. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested!
- Walk 4 WES will be held on June 9th
- Field Day will be taking place on June 6th (rain date June 8th)
6th Grade Musical Update:
May 22-26 - TBO-O Rehearsal Schedule
- Mon. 5/22: 3- 4:30 Full Cast Prologue- Scene 6
- Tues. 5/23: 3- 4:30 Full Cast- Scenes 7-15
- Wed. 5/24: 3- 4:30 Full Cast - Scenes 7-15
- Thu. 5/25: 3- 4:30 Full Cast- Prologue- Scene 6
Happy birthday to Jonah! A copy of Who Would Win? Battle Royale by Jerry Pallotta has been donated in his honor. If you would like to donate a book in honor of a student's birthday or other special occasion, please click here to learn more.
- Families interested in making a prize donation for the Library Raffle can view our Amazon wishlist here
Rainbow Club Meeting Dates
- May 24th and June 14th from 3:05-4
Call for Instruments
- Instrument Donations
- Calling all music enthusiasts - Do you have an instrument stored away that needs to be played again? We are taking donations of any instruments in GOOD condition that we may use for our instrumental music program. Please drop off your instrument at the main office or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
LIKE our WES PTO Facebook Page for up to date information.
To JOIN our PTO email: email@example.com
2023-2024 Academic Calendar
- UPDATED- Construct Your Own Meaning: Summer Youth Fellowship at the Williams College Museum of Art
- The WCMA is extending the deadline for the summer fellowship opportunity to May 30th, and they will be opening it up to ages 10-18
- The Williams College Museum of Art is hosting a free eight-day fellowship (July 26–August 3) for students ages 10-18 this summer. The group will work together to make a public tour of their Remixing the Hall exhibition featuring work from the museum's permanent collection. Participants will get behind-the-scenes access to all parts of the museum, and each participant will receive an art kit valued at $75 in exchange for their participation.
- There are seven spots available. Apply here
- Chess Club
- Chess Club is back starting Wednesday, May 10th. Please use the link above for more information.
- There is also a tournament at the Bennington Free Library on June 3rd. Please click here for more information.
- Bonnie Lea Farm's Summer Riding Program
- HORSES: Learn to ride or improve your equitation under USHJA Certified Trainer and Williams Equestrian Coach, Lisa DeMayo.
- Summer Science Lab 2023
- Williams College is hosting Summer Science Lab for current 4th, 5th, and 6th graders this summer. This week-long hands-on science experimentation runs the week of July 10-14, 2023 and July 17-21, 2023 from 9:00-3:00. Scholarships are available.
- REGISTER HERE
- This excellent hands-on science camp run by Chemistry faculty, Chip Lovett and Dave Richardson, at Williams College uses the fully equipped Chemistry Labs at Williams and the help of Williams students and two Berkshire County middle school teachers – Tim Herrmann and Stephen Bechtel. Join us for chemical mystery exploration and experimentation!
- Mountainside Soccer Academy
- The Soccer Academy at Williams will operate under a new name, Mountainside Soccer Academy
- Berkshire County Summer Camps, Enrichment, & Activities
- Pine Cobble Summer Camp Age 2 years and 9 months-4 years old