Common Infectious Diseases
And How To Keep Healthy
Common Infectious Diseases-Bacterial
- Strep Throat- sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, headache, and fever
- Lyme Disease- red rash, fever, chills, and body aches
- Bacterial Meningitis- high fever, headache, vomiting, and stiff neck
- Tuberculosis- fatigue, weight loss, mild fever, and a constant cough
- Antibiotics kill bacteria and makes you better.
- Common Cold- sneezing, sore throat, runny nose, coughing, congestion, fever, headaches, and muscle aches
- Influenza- high fever, sore throat, and cough
- Pneumonia- infection in the lungs
B: transmitted by blood or sexual contact.
C: transmitted by blood, sexual contact, or non-sterilized tattoo and body piercers.
- Get lots of rest, eat a well-balanced diet, and plenty of fluids.
Getting and Staying Healthy!
-you have an extremely sore throat, earache, vomiting, diarrhea, or a temp. over 101º that lasts more than 2 days.
-mucus from your upper half is thick or yellowish green
-severe pain anywhere
-an open wound that won't heal
-an illness that lasts longer than it should
What you can do to keep yourself healthy...
-wash your hands plenty during the day
-don't share towels, eating utensils, cups, or hairbrushes
-cook and store food properly
-don't get too close to sick people
-stay at home when sick
-get plenty of sleep
-don't skip meals, and eat healthy
-avoid bad substances (tobacco, alcohol, and illegal drugs)