Custom Domain Names
Pro Users: Use your own domain for your flyer
Establishing a Smore domain name
Then, check out the guide below to learn more about the two options for inputing your domain:
Note: For further detailed instruction, your registrar should have directions on how to do either of these methods.
1. Change name servers
This method is easy and should probably fit most users.
On your domain hosting service, you'll need to configure your nameservers as ns1.smore.com and ns2.smore.com.
- Advantages: Very easy to configure on most registrars
- Disadvantages: You can't use this method if you're using this domain for emails or using any subdomains
2. Add a CNAME record
In this method, you will need to add a CNAME record to your domain, that points to domains.smore.com.
- Advantages: This allows you to use subdomains and receive emails with this domain name
- Disadvantages: For most registrars, this method is a trickier to configure
Please allow up to 72 hours for domain settings to "kick in." The actual time may vary but could be a day or more with some domains and registrars.
After completing the steps above:
3. Configuring your flyer to work with your domain
Once you have set up your domain using either of the above methods:
1. Go to your flyer
2. Click "Flyer Settings" on the bottom right
3. In the box, type in your domain name and click "Test domain"