for profit college
what to know about them
- 47% of students have defaulted on their loans attended for-profit colleges.
- 7.5% of students at non-profit private colleges default within three years of entering repayment and 11% of students from public schools default.
How do for profit colleges spend their money?
- 22.7% on marketing, advertising, admissions and recruitment.
- 19.4% on pre-tax profit.
- Only 17.2% on instruction.
- These statistics show that for-profit colleges spend most of their finances (which mostly come from taxpayers) to get students to come to their school but spend a considerable amount less on actually teaching the students.