School Dismissal Manager (SDM)
Process for Changing End of Day Routine
* Report Absences
* Schedule after-school activities such as scouting, enrichment activities, etc.
* Make transportation changes as late as 3:00 PM (after that it will not allow changes)
* Schedule early departures from school
ALL transportation changes for K-5 must be made through the School Dismissal Manager.
Parents report by using the app, it's ten times easier than even making a phone call.
What If I Can't Remember My User Name and Password
If you have never set up an account, the school can resend your SDM welcome letter via the email address on file if you let us know you need it or we can reset your password, confirm the account works, and ensure you are structured for success.
If you have set up an account but can't remember, you can click "forgot password" and walk through the steps to reset it that way.
Dear Parent(s) or Guardian(s),
Welcome to School Dismissal Manager (https://www.schooldismissalmanager.com/). By using School Dismissal Manager, you can quickly and easily login and update instructions when your child’s dismissal transportation needs to be changed. School Dismissal Manager notifies the school of your updates, which allows the school to print a report so each homeroom teacher gets students to the proper destination as indicated by the parent/guardian. ALL transportation changes for K-5 must be made through the School Dismissal Manager. Phone calls to the office and/or notes with your child are not permissible ways to notify the office of dismissal changes to a child’s routine. School Dismissal Manager provides us with a more organized, efficient, and safe tracking system for afternoon dismissals.
The easy-to-use mobile and desktop interface will allow you to make these changes in advance or for the current day. You can also report absences and even schedule recurring dismissal instructions for after-school activities such as sports, FLE news, walking club, scouts, etc.
The SDM system automatically assigns your student a “default” dismissal based on the information you provided during registration. Examples include, but are not limited to: Bus # and Pick Up. It is important that you log into SDM and check your students “default” transportation prior to the first day of school to make sure it is listed correctly. If the default is incorrect, you are able to update it until September
After September 4, you will no longer have access to the default option and you will need to call the school office to make that change in SDM. When creating an exception for the current day, please note that the cut-off time is no later than 3:00 pm. The system will prevent you from entering exemptions after 3:00 pm, which will require you to call the front office with your change.
If you miss the cut off time or do not have any access to a smartphone, tablet, or computer, parents must provide their SDM username and password for all change requests made to the office staff.
- You will be issued a set of personal credentials for this school year. Please scroll all the way down to the bottom of this email for the website address and your Username/Password.
- The Parent Login area is found at the top right of the homepage.
- When you login for the first time, you will be prompted and required to change your password immediately.
- Please refer to the Parent Guide for Creating Exceptions for details on how to use the system.
- As you begin to use School Dismissal Manager, if you have questions, please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) link found in the Parent login area at the top of the homepage. Here, you will find answers to the most commonly asked questions. If your question remains unanswered after checking here, please contact the school office and we will be happy to assist you further.
- When you start to receive the email notifications of changes or cancellations that are made for your child, please keep in mind that hitting Reply or Reply All on those emails does not reply to the school. If you need to respond to a notification (i.e., to inform the school it is incorrect, provide additional details, etc.) please call the school directly and talk with someone in the office.
- Do not use the Recurring Dismissal feature to put in your child’s “default” dismissal.
- Each school day, School Dismissal Manager will send a comprehensive dismissal report to the school immediately following the cut-off time, allowing administrators, teachers, staff, and bus drivers to facilitate a smooth dismissal.
Thank you for using this tool to make safety a priority and to ensure the dismissal process is efficient for all our students. Please contact our office if you have any questions or concerns.
Susan R.Steele, Ed.S. – Principal
Finger Lake Elementary School
Matanuska-Susitna Borough School District
Ph: 907-864-2200 | Fax: 907-864-2280