"PEEK at PEAK" - Fifth Grade News
April 7, 2014
Very Important Bits and Pieces to Note:
- Open House: Monday, May 12 (more details to follow)
- Last Day of PEAK: May 19
- We will conduct our Consumer report test on Monday, April 14. Your child needs 3 different brands of his/her item to test. Also - please have your child bring a water bottle or an empty cup for testing day. We will be sipping water to clear our palates between tests. There is only one day to test --- if items are forgotten then your child will be a participant but not a tester. You should have enough items of each brand for 20 people to test - we invite guests to test with us!
PEAK WORK SESSIONS: If your child would like extra time to work on projects!
- Tuesday, April 8 - 7:45 AM
- Wednesday, April 9- 7:45 AM
- Thursday, April 10 - 7:45 AM
- Friday, April 11 - 7:30 AM
- Monday, April 14 - 7:45 AM
- Friday, April 25 - 7:30 AM
- Monday, April 29 - 7:45 AM
- Tuesday, April 30 - 7:45 AM
- Monday,May 5 - 7:30 AM
- Tuesday, May 6 - 7:45 AM
- Wednesday, May 7 - 7:45 AM
Final Projects and Due Dates:
- Consumer Reports Product Test Day: April 14
- Virtual Museums: Due April 14
- Additional Brain Project: Due May 5
- Consumer Reports Product Display: Due May 12
- Topic Study project: Due May 5
- Algebra packet: Due May 19
- Personal Growth and Development Profile and Reflection: Due May 19
- Science: Today we worked on the preparation necessary for our Consumer Reports Product Testing. Students completed a criteria worksheet, rating scale, survey, direction sheet, and testable question label.
- Today we continued to work on our virtual museums. Students are expected to include more information in the virtual museum than the feature magazine article.
- Students put their Virtual Museum in Drop Box so they could work on it at home. I suggest students working on this at home!
- We are taking a series of Personal Style Inventories to learn more about ourselves. Today we took tests to determine what is our communication style and what is our learning style. Students then write a paragraph reflection. We will put together a personal style inventory the last day of PEAK.
POWER OF ONE PROJECT ALUMNI:
When: April 13 at 5:00 PM
Where: Woodneath Pool Trail
Donation: $5 / person, $10 per family (register and pay the day of the event)
What: HIllcrest moves families from Homeless to Self-sufficiency in 90 days with an 85% success rate 5 years after graduation. This is a very successful organization that is much more than just homeless housing, and the administrative fee's are very low in comparison to the majority of not for profits. Our proceeds will support the Liberty complex located just a few blocks east of the Square. Last year the proceeds from the FUN RUN were able to purchase a basketball goal for the children who live at Hillcrest.