By Meagan & Gracie
What to avoid:
- Do not wear fashionable clothing while in the kitchen
- Pay attention to what you are cooking
- Do not leave your appliance on when you are not using it
- Keep a fire extinguisher nearby
- Do not throw water on a grease fire
- Do not leave papers, oven mitts, or other flammable materials near your stove
- Do not incorporate wind if a fire occurs
In case of a grease fire use baking soda instead of water.
If the fire gets out of control use a fire extinguisher.
Stop, drop, and roll
If you catch on fire stop, drop, and roll and crawl on the ground and get out of the smoke filled room.
First Aid for Burns:
- Put under cold water immediately for at least 5 minutes
- Avoid using butter or other ointments on the burn (It contributes to the cooking process)
- Apply Aloe Vera
- Cover in a sterile, adhesive bandage