The Paw Print
Weekly Principal Newsletter ~ Week of November 15th
A message from Mrs. Lucas
This week is Parent Conference Week. We have two minimum days, on Wednesday and Thursday, and a non-student day on Friday. Please plan accordingly to pick up your child on time. When you arrive for your conference, you may walk through the unlocked gate to your child's classroom. Please remember that masks must be worn inside when children are present, regardless of vaccination status. All unvaccinated persons must wear their mask inside at all times.
Student Council is holding our annual Thanksgiving Food Drive. Please see this flyer for more information. A hard copy of this flyer will be coming home next week with students. We always appreciate this opportunity for our students to demonstrate leadership and compassion by participating in this food drive.
November Events and Calendar
- November 16th - Make-up Picture Day
- November 17th & 18th - MINIMUM DAYS for conferences
- November 19th - NON-STUDENT DAY
- Week of November 22nd - Thanksgiving Break
- November 30th - Fourth Grade Walk Through Assemblies
- December 3rd - Funky Friday
- December 3rd - 6th Gr. Outdoor Ed payment #3 due
Valet Drop Off
Thank you for helping to keep our students and staff safe.
Brookhaven PTA News
We continue to thank our PTA Board and ALL our parent volunteers that make our school such a great place for our kids to learn and grow!
- Please click here to join our fabulous PTA! Brookhaven PTA membership is open to everyone ~ students, parents, grandparents, alumni and supporters. Your membership helps fund school assemblies, book fairs, field trip transportation, classroom supplies, library books and more!
We are very fortunate to have a dedicated, hardworking and generous PTA at Brookhaven! We have a new PTA President this year, Mrs. Traci Larson! If you are interested in being a part of our PTA and committees throughout the year, please get in touch with Traci here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attendance and Health Reminders
- If your child is sick or has symptoms of Covid, they should not attend school
- You must call the school attendance line to report all absences
- Please leave specific details of your child's symptoms and we'll notify you of their return date
- Please review the Student Symptom Tree to help guide you with questions regarding Covid symptoms and next steps
Thank you for wearing your mask each time you enter the school office or any school building. We appreciate everyone's diligence in completing the daily "Shared Responsibility" in checking for symptoms and keeping students home when they are ill. Together we'll make it through the year in keeping everyone healthy and well. Being back together in person is so wonderful!
On-Going Mitigating Measures
- Shared Responsibility Symptom Screening should be done daily prior to the arrival of school. If your child has COVID symptoms, they must stay home.
- Everyone will wear a mask indoors, regardless of vaccination status. Masks are optional outdoors.
- Handwashing stations are located around campus and hand sanitizer is located at the entrance of every classroom.
- Good hygiene habits will be taught and encouraged.
Helpful and Important Links
Online Data Confirmation ~ This MUST be updated for all students.