This Week at Windsor 11.13.2020
Teachers make a difference at any distance...
Happy Friday! I continue to be so impressed with how amazing our students have done with all of the new procedures, social distancing, and wearing their masks. Our Wildcats are awesome! Next week is Spirit Week!
Monday, November 16th- Crazy Hair or Hat Day
Tuesday, November 17th- Favorite Color or Tie-Dye
Wednesday, November 18th- Windsor Spirit Wear!
Just a reminder that parent-teacher conferences are on November 19th and 20th, all conferences will be held via Zoom. There is no school for students during parent-teacher conferences.
Teacher Zoom links will be shared on Monday, November 16. Please be sure to sign-up below for a conference time, click on the teacher's link and it will direct you to the teacher's sign-up genius.
The Fall MAP testing window closed today. Scores will be sent home with hybrid students through backpack mail on December 3rd and 4th. Remote student scores will be mailed home the week of November 30th. If you would prefer to pick up your child's report in the office please email Mrs. Soprano by November 20th (email@example.com)
- Please remember to stay in your cars at arrival and dismissal if you are in the Drop & Go Line on Windsor Drive or in our Main Entrance circle. If you would like to meet your child outside of your car, please park on any of the surrounding side streets and walk-up. This is so important as it keeps the line moving and our streets/intersections safe for walkers and less congested for cars.
- Students should never be crossing Windsor drive unless they are in the crosswalk with our crossing guard. Please meet your child at that intersection and do not have the children cross in the middle of Windsor Drive for their safety.
- Just a reminder, there are NO pets allowed on Windsor property, we have many students with allergies.
- When calling to report an absence please refer to the self-screener, https://www.sd25.org/Page/1506, and list any of the symptoms your child is exhibiting in your voicemail. If your child has a fever, please state what the temperature is.
Mrs. Anastacio and Mrs. Soprano
- November 18th- End of 1st Trimester
- November 19th- National Reading Night
- November 19th- Parent-Teacher Conferences- No School for Students
- November 20th- Parent-Teacher Conferences- No School for Students
- November 23rd-27th- No School- Thanksgiving
- November 30th- First day of 2nd Trimester
- December 4th- Report Cards Emailed Home
Fall Parent-Teacher Conferences
Mrs. Flauter - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B094AACAE23AAF49-flauter4
Mrs. Galazka - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B094AACAE23AAF49-galazka3
Mrs. Kownick - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B094AACAE23AAF49-kownick4
Mrs. Leberecht - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B094AACAE23AAF49-leberecht2
Mr. Peterson - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B094AACAE23AAF49-peterson4
Mrs. Rabinowitz - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B094AACAE23AAF49-rabinowitz4
Mrs. Schmidt - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B094AACAE23AAF49-schmidt4
Mrs. Swedo - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B094AACAE23AAF49-swedo
Notes from the Health Office...
Thank you again for another great week of partnering with us in keeping our students safe at Windsor! Your communication is key in keeping our school a safe place for everyone!
A few bits of information for this week:
CLOSE CONTACTS: If a person develops any symptoms of illness (including parents!) on the COVID Self Screener and they have been with family or friends 2 days before the symptoms develop (less than 6 feet apart with or without a mask, more than 15 minutes) they are considered a close contact and must quarantine! Just a reminder that if your child develops any symptoms, it is your responsibility to contact those family members and friends your child was with so they are aware and can quarantine. The school nurse will contact trace when it happens at school but any play-dates or gatherings outside of school is parent responsibility.
For anyone in quarantine (because of being close contact or traveling), if they develop symptoms they should get COVID tested and from the start of symptoms isolate 10 days.
Isolation: person who is ill or has any COVID symptoms 10 days--own room/own bathroom.
Quarantine: 14 days at home away from others because of exposure to COVID symptoms
MASKS: Remember to wear a clean mask every day just like clean underwear! Here is mask guidance from CDC: Caring for masks
If you travel to a hotspot state listed here: COVID-19 Travel Guidance or if you are having visitors in from hotspot state please be aware that the CCPDH/IDPH & CDC recommends quarantine for 14 days when you return and/or after exposure to friends/family traveling in. Again, as of this writing--this is a recommendation, not a requirement. Don’t travel if you are sick or with someone who is sick or if you have been around someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days. It does not benefit you to get a COVID test right after you return from travel because the amount of virus in your system may not be high enough if your exposure was at the end of travel. Also it may take up to 14 days after exposure to begin showing symptoms. Please remember ANY of the symptoms listed in the COVID self screener is considered a COVID symptom. Many people have just “a little runny nose” with nothing else and they test positive.
Keep in mind wearing a mask, staying 6 feet away from others for less than 15 minutes and frequent hand washing are the BEST ways to protect yourself and your loved ones from spreading the virus! It doesn’t mean you can’t get together--just do it safely!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving--in the midst of COVID chaos, we have much to be thankful for! Focusing on the positive and having gratitude reduces stress, and is good for the immune system!
Darlene Carpenter, RN
Windsor School Nurse
District 25 Self screener:
Current IDPH COVID-19 Interim Exclusion Guidance:
Parent-Teacher Conference Dinner - The hospitality committee is looking for your help in providing donations to stock the teacher lounge for fall conferences. See the link below for more information.
2020-2021 PTA meeting dates
Save the date to join us for our meetings for this year! We will be virtual to start and see what happens from there. We are pushing the October date back to let everyone get into the swing of the new schedules. See below for the new dates.
Mrs. Stella's Station
Looking for something fun to do outdoors this weekend? Or are you looking for something do to as a family now that it's getting darker earlier in the evening? You can find something for both in this week's Stella's Station. Visit the San Diego Zoo from the comfort of your couch one evening next week, or challenge your kids to a 20 lego building challenge! Families can make a glider to play with in the warm fall breeze, or do some exploring at wonderopolis.com. There's something for everyone! You can find information on all of these activities at this link: 11/4 Stella Station. Have a great weekend!
Important Tech Tip:
Please remind your students that they should power down their Chromebooks at least once a day and maybe at lunchtime as well. That will help the "glitchiness" many are experiencing.
iPads should also be rebooted occasionally to prevent connectivity issues. Instructions are below.
To turn off your Chromebook completely, try one of these options:
- At the bottom right, select the time. Select Power .
- At the bottom right, select the time. Select Sign out Shut down.
- Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds.
- Press and hold the Power button until you see a menu to Power off or Sign out
To Power Down Your iPad:
- Press and hold the On/Off/Sleep button at the upper-right corner of the iPad. Slide the bar to Power off.