3rd Grade News
Announcements & Other Exciting Things
- Book orders will be going home throughout the month (Scholastic gives out a bunch for January). They will all be due on Friday, January 29th! If the class orders $100 or more worth of books this month, we get a free book for every student in the class!
- I hope everyone enjoyed their day off!
- Progress Reports will be coming home this week. Please sign and return ASAP!
- You will be seeing some papers from earlier in this trimester coming home throughout the next couple weeks. I kept them so I could record grades for progress reports. So if your child says "Hey we did this weeks ago," they probably did :)
Reading/ Language Arts
Some skills we will be reviewing this week are:
- Author's Purpose
- Use Story Structure
- Ask Questions
- Possessive Nouns
- Singular and Plural Pronouns
- Subject and Object Pronouns
- Pronoun-Antecedent Agreement
Our vocabulary words this week are:
Keep reading towards the January Book It goal! 300 minutes; you can do it!
At home, please continue to work with your student on their basic facts in all 4 operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division). Flash cards work well, as do the many iPhone and iPad apps available for free!
Science/ Social Studies
- Expo markers
- Sandwich size Ziplock bags
- Clorox wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Packing tape
- Glue Sticks
- Cap erasers