This Week's Schedule
Cohort 1 will meet in-person on Monday and Tuesday.
Cohort 2 will meet in person on Wednesday and Thursday.
Friday is a professional development day for teachers and a day off for students.
The schedule for concurrent teaching/learning will change a bit this week. You may have noticed that I have been keeping the class in a whole class math lesson from 9:30 to 10:30 or 10:45. The lessons have involved partner work and small group work. The students have done pretty well maintaining their focus and engagement. After math class, remote students will have a short break before they meet as a cohort at 11:15. I hope this additional concurrent learning works for all students.
The specials schedule is:
Monday - PE
Tuesday - Music
Wednesday - Technology
Thursday - Library
The Spring Conferences are right around the corner, they will be held on Wednesday, March 17th & Thursday, March 18th (which will be strictly virtual). These two days are for anyone who feels they would like to talk with their child’s teacher to discuss their child’s progress. These conferences are optional.
On Wednesday, March 17th & Thursday, March 18th, students at the Clough School will be released at 12:10 P.M. to allow us to schedule conferences during the afternoon. There will be NO P.M. Pre-School on Wednesday, March 17th & Thursday, March 18th Lunches will not be served on Wednesday, March 17th & Thursday, March 18th.
WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
Wednesday, March 17th & Thursday, March 18th, 1:00 PM - 3:30 PM by appointment only.
I will be sending out appointment times for those who have indicated that they'd like a conference. Please feel free to email me should you decide that you'd like a conference. I still have some appointment times open.
The students have been doing MUCH better in terms of logging in on time and attending all concurrent and small group synchronous learning sessions. Thank you so much for your support. We will continue to follow the below procedures in the near future.
- Attendance will be taken at 9:15 and sent to the office digitally by 9:20 at the latest. If your child is not present, he or she will be marked absent. You may wish to call the office to alert them that your child was tardy should he or she log in late. Otherwise, the office will likely phone you to confirm your child's absence/attendance.
- We will take a quick attendance at the beginning of every concurrent session (3 additional times per day). This attendance will be sent to the office at the end of the week. Should your child miss one or more of his or her remote sessions, the office will mark your child dismissed for those sessions.
The offer stands if you'd like me to work with your student to set iPad alarms for his or her remote days. It would be my pleasure to do so!
Packing for Hogwarts
- A fully charged iPad
- Green Clough folder
- Wonders Reading/Writing Companion (Unit 1-2) Workbook
- Chapter 4 - Go Math!
- 3 Composition Notebooks (Dear Harry, Math, Reading)
- Pencil box containing things like pencils, scissors, glue stick, colored pencils, pencil sharpener, crayons, etc.
- A spare mask in a ziplock bag
- Snack and a water bottle
(Large white binders can stay at home)
Second Step Lessons with Mr. Hanson
Cohort 1 students: Every Week 1, Friday at 12:00
Cohort 2 students: Every Week 2, Monday at 12:00
Cohort 2 will have their next lesson this Monday (3/8)
Cohort 1 will have their next lesson next Friday (3/19)
LINK to Mr. Hanson's flier