Energy Unit Summative
By: Megan Narayan
In Andorra, they use hydropower to generate electricity, export (and drink) mineral water, export and create iron with iron ore, timber for building, and export lead.
They export most of their natural resources excluding hydropower. Andorra only imports food and consumer goods because only 2% of the land is arable.
Some of the countries energy sources are: electricity, crude oil, natural gas.
Andorra mainly relies on hydropower to generate electricity, the also have natural gas they could use for a energy source.
In Macedonia, they have low-grade iron ore, copper, lead, zinc, chromite, manganese, nickel, tungsten, gold, silver, asbestos, gypsum, and timber as some natural resorces. Regarding renewable energy sources Macedonia uses primarily hydro power, for production of electricity, bio-mass, mostly wood mass for production of heat in the residential sector.
They import: tungsten, gypsum, and zinc. Some of its exports include: crude oil, refined petroleum product, and natural gas.
Use electricity for most of their energy, uses some renewable energy sources. According to the energy balance of 2007, biomass contributed about 6% in the primary energy supply while 9.5% of the total final energy consumption in Macedonia. The annual production of firewood use for local supply is about 600,000 m3.
Some of its imports include: petroleum, and marble.
The export a lot of: oil, gas, and fuel
There energy sources are also ran on a lot of gas and fuel.
Some of its main imports are: natural gas, minerals.
And some of it's main exports include: oils.
For there energy sources they use natural gas supplies.
- "Central Intelligence Agency." Welcome to the CIA Web Site — Central Intelligence Agency. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Feb. 2013. <https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2111.html>
- "Andorra: Energy Resources." Energy Information, Data, and Other Resources. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Feb. 2013. <http://en.openei.org/wiki/Andorra>
"Central Intelligence Agency." CIA. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Feb. 2013. <https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/an.html>.
- "Central Intelligence Agency." CIA. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Feb. 2013 <https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/mk.html>
"Macedonia Energy Efficient and Renewable Energy Assessment." U.S. Aid - From the American People, n.d. Web. <http://macedonia.usaid.gov/Documents/USAID%20Macedonia%20Energy%20Efficiency%20and%20Renewable%20Energy%20Assessment%20%20June%202009.pdf>.
- "Central Intelligence Agency." CIA. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Feb. 2013. <https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/tt.html>.
- "Central Intelligence Agency." CIA. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Feb. 2013. <https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/mu.html>.