RWHS Student Newsletter
This week at RWHS...
Monday, December 13
- Pajama Day
Winter Extravaganza Band Concerts
- 6:00 Concert: 9th grade band, 9th grade choir, Symphonic Band, Bella Voce
7:45 Concert: Concert Band, Concert Choir, Ovation
Tuesday, December 14
- Snow Day (White Out)
- Winger Study (Wyatt, Krumwiede)
Wednesday, December 15
- Color War Day
- 9-12th Grade: Wednesday Advisory schedule
- US Marine Corps in cafe during lunches
Thursday, December 16
- Flannel Day
- Winger Study (Wyatt, Krumwiede)
Friday, December 17
- Festive Friday: UGLY SWEATERS!
WINTER BREAK BEGINS! See you back at RWHS on January 3rd!
- Happy Birthday to...
- 19th: Mrs. Mann
- 20th: Sheila Wallerick
- 27th: Mr. Milani
- 28th: Mrs. Borgschatz and Ms. Kirkevold
- 31st: Dawn Young
RWHS 2020-2021 Yearbooks are IN!
Wednesday or Thursday 3:55-4:25pm
Thursday or Friday 8:20-8:45am
You may make other arrangements by emailing the Yearbook Advisor, Mr. Bowes.
- Isaiah Ricks does an outstanding job in German participating and asking questions. His enthusiasm and leadership is much appreciated! -Mrs. Roschen
- Thanks to Sophia Rahn for all she does to promote school spirit and community within RWHS. There are so many times that Soph is there behind-the-scenes and does so without any desire for credit or recognition. She's a huge blessing to us all at RWHS! -Mrs. Bray
- Thank you Student Services TAs for making all those special trips to the District Office with my mail! -Mrs. Grinager
- Shout-out to Tiffany Howard for always giving 110%!!! -Ms. Maki
- To the Environmental Advocacy Club: This wonderful group has volunteered their time outside of school to clean up by Bay Point Park. -Mrs. Heineman
- Brennan Rowen is so kind and respectful! -Janet Stewart
- Eli Freier is such a hard working student and deserves a shout-out! Thanks Eli for always giving 100%! Keep it up! - Mrs. Bray
In order to maximize our instructional time we need all students to ensure that they are in class for the entire class period. Please eat breakfast and use the restroom before school and during passing times! Thank you!
IMPORTANT COVID INFORMATION
A friendly reminder from Nurse Vikki to stay home if you are experiencing ANY illness!
Please access the Red Wing Public Schools District COVID page if you need more information about our Covid protocols.
Please leave a message with your child's name, symptoms and the date the symptoms started, along with your name and phone number. If our nurse needs more information she will reach out to you.
RWHS FOOD BANK
Order a Team Nemanich shirt!
Orders close on the 19th for the second round of Team Nemanich tshirts! This order is approved by Mr. and Mrs. Nemanich and is open to the public. Feel free to share!
Juniors & Seniors: ACT test registration
Link to register for the March ACT test: https://redwing.cr3.rschooltoday.com/public/costoption/class_id/7662
Link to register for the ACT prep course: https://redwing.cr3.rschooltoday.com/public/costoption/class_id/7498
These are available to register for through Community Ed.
Contact your counselor with questions!
Breakfast Changes for grades 7-12
Starting Monday December 13th through the remainder of the school year:
Only breakfast food items will be served from 8:50 AM until lunch.
A la carte items (chips, cookies, etc) will be available before school and during lunch only.
REMEMBER: You must have a pass to be in line during class times, 1 person per pass.
Coffee Shop Hours: (starting Jan 3rd)
M,Tu,Th,F: 8:20 - 10:45 am
Wed: 8:20 - 10:35 am
Service Ends @ the beginning of
3rd period for 7-12 Grade.
Free and Reduced Meal Program
Additionally, those who qualify for benefits may receive discounts through the Athletics and Community Ed. Department. Furthermore, families may qualify for benefits under the Pandemic - EBT if eligible.
The application is attached and can be completed online, through the food service page at rwps.org. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Do I still have to apply even though meals are FREE this year?
RWPS is encouraging families to apply regardless of the current meal program. This is because families qualify for benefits beyond food.
Where can I access the application?
The application is located on the District website, rwps.org -- under District – Departments – Food Service – Free and Reduced Meal Program – Apply Online.
Additional questions or concerns can be directed to Director of Student Nutrition Services by phone 651-385-4583 or by email email@example.com.
Tuesdays & Thursdays: Winger Study
ALL students are invited and welcomed to attend to get extra work time and support in their studies. Students do not need an appointment to attend but are encouraged to communicate with their teachers if they need materials, help or tests to work on during this time. All students will need to have their own transportation home from Winger Study.
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:50pm-4:45pm
7 and 8th Grade in Lower H pod: Mr. Wyatt
Language arts and Social studies in Lower J pod:
Math and Science in Upper H pod: Ms. Krumwiede
Other subject areas can be addressed in all areas as well.
Check out gowingers.com for information on all things related to Winger sports and activities!
All past RWHS student newsletters are available for reference on our website.