The SIS PRICKLE
ONLINE PARENT NEWSLETTER (updated October 28, 2022)
IT'S RED RIBBON WEEK!
PARENT ENGAGEMENT WEBINAR: NOV 11
WIN (What I Need):
- WIN classes are underway! Sixth-grade students have been grouped based on their needs and have completed their first 3 week cycle of intervention and enrichment. Fifth-grade students will begin their grouping next week to focus on specific skills they need assistance with.
Targeted Improvement Plan:
- Family Survey - Please take a moment to complete this survey as part of our Effective Schools Framework process. SURVEY LINK
ACCESS THE PARENT PORTAL!
SIS welcomes and encourages all parents to become an active part of their child's education. By monitoring your child's homework and attendance, you demonstrate the importance of education to your child.
NEED FAMILY SKYWARD ACCESS??Everything you need to know about how your child is doing with their grades, attendance, conduct, missing work, etc. Please email Laurie Parton at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
CHECK OUT THESE SISD ONLINE RESOURCES!
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AT SIS
Complete the District Volunteer application form HERE.
We are also looking for parents to partner with us by joining the SIS Parent Teacher Organization! Click the following link for the SIGN-UP FORM!
REGISTRATION LINK BELOW FOR RETURNING AND NEW STUDENTS
CAFETERIA/CHILD NUTRITION INFORMATION
5TH/6TH GRADE LUNCH PRICE: $3.25 .... REDUCED PRICE: $0.40
SCHOOL ATTENDANCE AND ABSENCES
Three ways to turn in your student's absent notes:
1) Upload any sick notes by scanning the QR code below!
2) Email notes to email@example.com
3) Students may also turn notes in to the absent note tray in the front office.
REQUEST A CAR TAG
NEED TO PAY FOR A LOST BOOK OR LIBRARY FINE???
STAY ALERT SCHOOL SAFETY PROGRAM
Below is SISD's StayALERT reporting information. We encourage anyone to use this at any time there is an incident of bullying, harassment, violence, drugs, or if something just doesn't feel right. Stay safe Porcupines!
The StayALERT School Safety Program is a 24/7 bilingual reporting program designed to help provide a safer school environment. Report bullying, vandalism, drugs & alcohol, unsafe or violent behavior, harassment, weapons, teacher/student conflict, or other safety concerns. Make a report by the following ways listed below:
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR SIS OFFICE STAFF
JOE BROWN, PRINCIPAL
KELLEY WALDEN, ASST. PRINCIPAL
BRADLEY BRYANT, DEAN OF STUDENTS/CAMPUS BEHAVIOR COORDINATOR
SHAWNA LEWIS, CAMPUS INSTRUCTIONAL COORDINATOR
SHERI CALLAWAY, COUNSELOR
LISA TAYLOR, STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
LAURIE PARTON, ATTENDANCE
LAURA HUGHES, SCHOOL NURSE