What Did We Do This Week?
• Our writing lesson this week focused on How To pieces. At the beginning of the week, the listened to two different pieces. One included multiple details and the other had very little details. It was neat to hear the conversations between the kids about the importance of details.
• We met with our fourth grade Bernstein buddies on Monday. At that time, we discussed our school wide concept. The concept of the year is Harmony. The kids worked in pairs to create pictures that illustrated Harmony. Our pictures coincide with the song, "Stand By Me".
• During science time, we learned about physical changes and reviewed what happens when we combine different materials.
• Author's Purpose was our main focus during reading. The kids learned that author's write to persuade, inform, or entertain an audience. The kids researched pigs, read The True Story About The Little Pigs, and the original Three Little Pigs.
• Our class will start utilizing a typing program.
• It will soon be April so that means poetry time! The kids will soon be little poets!
• Our science unit on Matter will continue.