Ecoprint workshops Blakeney Norfolk
6th and 8th-10th June 2022
New location for 2022!
It started life as a medieval commercial port until the estuary began to silt up preventing all but small boats from gaining access. This silting has left a fascinating and beautiful environment of marshes, sand hills and mud banks, much beloved by bird watchers. Blakeney village itself is set on a small hill leading down to the harbour and has quaint architecture and a variety of shops, cafes, restaurants and pubs.
It's a great location for exploring the North Norfolk coast and there are many beautiful coastal walks nearby so it's also an ideal location for accompanying non printing partners, too. Why not add some days in this beautiful area and make a holiday of it!
It is possible for people who have done the 1 day workshop to proceed to the three day one.
June 6th : Introduction to ecoprinting.
June 6th : Introduction to ecoprinting.
You will learn what ecoprinting is, how it works, and how to source the equipment you need to ecoprint inexpensively at home, using materials you may have already. You will spend the morning making samples to learn the technique and see the results that can be obtained, and then in the afternoon you will make a scarf, or a larger piece of fabric suitable for a wallhanging, bag or cushion cover
June 8th -10th: Ecoprint with natural dyes
You will learn how to mordant cloth really effectively so that it takes and retains bright colours. We will work with a variety of natural dyes and tannins, first making samples to test the printing qualities of the local vegetation, then moving on to bigger projects of your choice. This will be suitable for both improvers and experienced printers, and teaching will be geared to your individual needs. We will work with both protein and cellulose fibres.
We will be surrounded by nature and vegetation, and well supplied with tea, coffee,cake and cookies, and a delicious lunch
Three well behaved dogs live at Reef House
Accommodation and food
Lunch , cake and beverages will be supplied. There will be an opportunity for us to all dine together at a local pub ( at your own cost) on the first night of the ecoprint and natural dye course
Ecoprint with natural dyes £330
Plus materials charge:
Beginners £12, to include :
- A materials list for the workshop
- Access to detailed online video tutorials on everything you will need to get started in ecoprinting
- A ready scoured and mordanted fabric sample pack, so that you can get printing straight away
- An online tutorial on preserving leaves so you can print all year round
Ecoprint with natural dyes £40 to include
- Materials list
- Online tutorials with all the dye and mordant recipes and instructions for making dyebaths - so you don't have to make too many notes during the course
- Online tutorials on materials, including sourcing fabric and identifying fabric types
- A sample pack of ready mordanted fabric so you can get started printing straight away
- An online tutorial on preserving leaves so that you can print all year round
- A range of dyes and mordants to use during the workshop
- A discount code for buying dyes mordants and fabrics from two excellent suppliers
I will also have a selection of scarves fabrics and suitable garments, ready scoured, for you to buy if wished
Booking and enquiries
(you may need to cut and paste this link)
A 50% deposit will be required to hold your place.
Balance payment due 6 weeks before course commences
Once booked, Rachel will give you a link to pay your materials charge and access the materials list, and online tutorials
Terms and conditions
- More than 6 weeks before course commences - refund minus10% admin fee.
- Less than 6 weeks before course commences - refund minus 10% admin fee ONLY if your place can be filled
- Less than 7 days before course commences - no refund but a credit towards future courses at the reefhouse, minus 20% admin fee
- All online content is copyrighted to Caroline, It is for personal use only, not to be shared, distributed or sold
For enquiries about booking ,accommodation, transport or Blakeney
For enquiries about course content