The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of May 23, 2016
How will you CHANGE THE WORLD by sharing & supporting your opinion?
3rd Grade Trip
Tuesday, May 24th, 8:30am
Fort Mifflin, Philadelphia, PA, United States
The Curriculum Corner: "Look Fors" & Engagement During the Math Block
Click here to read a fantastic introductory article from the upcoming Heinemann Math in Practice series. As you read through each of the "look fors," the parallels to Danielson's FFT truly stand out! From purposeful talk & questioning (3b), to assessment (1f/3d) each component is interwoven throughout the article. O’Connell & SanGiovanni also share reflective questions to support us in planning (1c/1e), which is a great way to start this dialog as you collaborate with your grade level partners! As the year winds down, take some time to start this conversation...and don't forget to share your thoughts via email, social media or in the footer of the Buzz! Thank you for a fantastic week & have a great weekend!
You're the Best...Quotes from the Staff!
- To the Best Basic Skills staff who are always willing to share and help each other. You’re the best!
- Thanks to Mike Bittner and the custodial staff for helping to set up for our district CPR class.
- Thanks to Mike, Debbie, Sonya, Amanda for getting your AED re-certification
- Thanks to all teachers and staff for your ongoing attentiveness and responsiveness to our students health needs
- Shout out to the third grade staff – you make coming to work fun!
- Sonya and Crew – the garden looks great!!!! Thank you for giving our children an opportunity to grow!
- Second grade Team you are the best!!! Thanks for always being willing to step in & help out to fill a need. You are a great team to work with!!
- Thank you Castro for sharing the Scholastic News and Time for Kids with my class! You rock!
- Steph-you are a great friend and colleague. Thanks for always reminding me to read!
- Thank you Lauren for organizing the class trip. It is greatly appreciated.
- A big thank you to the Pajama Team (Missy, Theresa, Donna, Sonya)
- Thank you again to the staff for their support with the pajama drive. 225 pairs of pajamas have already been delivered to children in the community!
- 06/01 - Bulldog Buddies Meeting
- 06/02 - Summative CAST Meetings (Gr2 & 3); 1st Grade Trip; Faculty Meeting
- 06/03 - Summative CAST Meetings (Gr1)
- 06/06 - K visit to Bullock & PDS Site Team Meeting
- 06/07 - 3rd Grade Trip to Bowe
- 06/08 - Field Day (6/9 Rain Date)
- 06/10 - Spring Star Student Assembly
- 06/13 - BSI Planning (early dismissal)
- 06/14 - Specialists Planning (early dismissal)
- 06/15 - 3rd Grade Talent Show & Last Day of School!