By: Cheyanne Conyers
Social Development- is about putting people at the centre of development.
- After object permanence emerges and children become mobile.
- Begins at about 8 months, they may great strangers by crying and reaching for there caregiver.
- Can occur even if the infant is in the caregivers hands or someone they trust.
- Symptoms-getting quiet and staring at the stranger, verbally protesting by cries or other, and hiding behind a parent.
Imprinting is is any kind of phase-sensitive learning that is rapid and apparently independent of the consequences of behavior.
- Explored by Konrad Lorenz
- one of the famous imprints is filial imprinting.
- Infants can not imprint
Konrad Lorenz Experiment with Geese
Attachment is an emotional tie with another person
- Formed between a infant and a caregiver
- attachment affects personality development and the ability to form stable relationships throughout life.
Science Bulletins: Attachment Theory—Understanding the Essential Bond
Critical Period is and optimal period shortly after birth when certain events must take place to facilitate proper development .
- development of language
- though to between 3 to 8 months.
Self concept - explained