Forest Glen Newsletter
September 11, 2020
Dining for Donations (formerly the Third Thursday fundraiser)
The Forest Glen PTO would like to thank The Candy Bar for supporting our Dining for Donations fundraiser (formerly the Third Thursday fundraiser). Stop in on September 15th, 16th, or 17th, present the fundraiser voucher when you order, and 10% of your purchase will be donated to Forest Glen. Thank you for your support!
Click Here for the 2020/2021 Dining for Donations Schedule!
Forest Glen Apparel Orders
GET READY TO SHOW YOUR TIMBERTAIL PRIDE! Check out Forest Glen PTO's online apparel store. New items have been added, including face masks and water bottles. Forms have been sent home with students .... You can also order online and have the items shipped to your home. The store closes September 15th. Orders will be ready by early October.
Important Dates to Remember
- September 25th - No School (K-4 Only) - Staff PD
- October 16th - No School (K-4 Only) - Staff PD
- October 30th - No School
- November 4th - End of First Quarter
- November 6th - No School (K-4 Only) - Staff PD
- November 25-27 No School - Thanksgiving Holiday
- December 11th - No School (K-4) - Staff PD
- December 23-January 1st No School - Winter Recess
- January 4th - School Resumes
- January 18th - No School - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- January 22nd - End of 2nd Quarter
- February 12th - No School (K-4 Only) - Staff PD
- February 26 - No School
- March 19th - No School (K-4 Only) - Staff PD
- March 26th - End of Third Quarter
- March 29-April 2nd No School - Spring Recess
- April 5th - No School (K-4 Only) - Staff PD
- May 7th - No School (K-4 Only) - Staff PD
- May 31st - No School - Memorial Day
- June 9th - Last Day of School (K-12)
- June 9th - End of Fourth Quarter
- June 14th - Summer School Session I Begins
School Nutrition Info
If you think your student may qualify for meal benefits based on your household size and income and have not completed an application yet, you can fill one out online at: http://www.myschoolapps.com/application. If you have any lunch account or meal benefit eligibility questions, please call (920) 662-7723.
Importance of School Attendance
- To report an absence, please call the school's attendance line at 662-7990 by 9:00 am.
- Monitor your child’s tardies and absences through the district website: http://hssdschools.powerschool.com/public/
- Click here for Planned Absence Form.
Student Registration and School Fees
- Have you completed the Returning Student Registration that must be done for each student? If not, please do so as soon as possible by visiting this link: http://hssdschools.powerschool.com/public/ . It is important that this is completed so we have your current information in case of an emergency. Please call the school office if you have any questions at 662-7958.
- School fees will not be posted to pay until Monday, November 2nd. Please look for future communication to pay fees.
Now that school has gotten rolling, we've found a need for a few extra supplies in the art room. Unfortunately, it's hard to share items in this classroom, so individual items are needed. If you can, and are willing to donate a few items, it would be greatly appreciated!
The Forest Glen PTO does everything we can to support our students and staff! Let's work together to get these supplies into the art room and our kiddos (individual) hands!
Thank you for your support!
A Message From Brown County Library
From Your School Board Representative Jason Potts
Budget Hearing and Annual Meeting
This year the Howard-Suamico Board of Education will hold its public Budget Hearing and Annual Meeting on September 28, 6:00 p.m. in the District Office Community Training Center, 2706 Lineville Road, Suamico. In addition, the Superintendent will present a State of the District address.
We have been asked on occasion about the purpose of these meetings which are also referred to as Meetings of the Electors. State Law requires school districts across Wisconsin to hold a Budget Hearing and Annual Meeting each year. There are legal requirements surrounding these events, but school officials have long recognized this event as an opportunity for the community and the school district to connect, to communicate, and to reach greater understanding. School administrators and board members provide focus on achievements, needs and the future of the district. Community members are presented with information about the operations of the school district, are able to ask questions, and will then vote on various motions.
On behalf of the Howard-Suamico School District, the Board of Education invites attendance and participation from district residents. Please consider joining us on Monday, September 28. Copies of the budget book will be available in the School District Office, 2706 Lineville Road, Green Bay, beginning September 18, 2020, and will be available at the meeting on September 28.
For more information about the Howard-Suamico School District governance system, please visit our website at www.hssdschools.org