Why is the right choice?
Reasons to Choose Abortion
- The "right to life" doesn’t imply a right to live by threatening somebody else's life. Bearing children is always a threat the life of the mother.
- Laws against abortion do not stop abortion; they simply make it less safe.
- If people want to stop abortion, they should turn to methods that do work. These include comprehensive sex education and safe, affordable contraceptives. Unfortunately, as illogical as it sounds, the people who are most against abortion are also often most against these preventative measures
- Adoption is not an alternative to abortion, because it remains the woman's choice whether or not to give her child up for adoption. Statistics show that very few women who give birth choose to give up their babies - less than 3% of white unmarried women and less than 2% of black unmarried women.
- Not everyone has easy access to contraception, nor does everyone have a good enough sex education class to know how to use it or where to obtain it.
Moving Beyond Pro-Life vs. Pro-Choice Labels, You're "Not in Her Shoes" -- Planned Parenthood