THE PATRIOT PARENT CONNECTION
2021-2022: Twentieth Edition - Week of January 3
Happy New Year. I know this is not how any of us wanted to kick-off the 2022 Spring semester. Please know that the staff at Liberty is working hard to make the upcoming online learning days as smooth as possible, and we are eager to be back face-to-face as soon as possible.
Below you will find information about Thursday & Friday's online lessons. Please know that we are always here to partner with you for your student's success. I hope to see them all again very soon!
FOR YOUR CALENDAR
January 6: First Day of Quarter 3
January 6 & 7: Online Learning Days
January 12: North United Wellness Wednesday
January 17: MLK Jr Day (no school)
*See Basketball Game Schedules Below
January 18 - 21: 7th Grade Basketball Tournament
January 22: 7th Grade Championship Games
January 25 - 28: 8th Grade Basketball Tournament
January 29: 8th Grade Championship Games
CHROMEBOOK CHECK-OUT FOR ONLINE LEARNING DAYS
Check-out stations will be open in the cafeteria from:
- 8:30 - 10:30 (A.M. Session)
- 3:00 - 5:00 (P.M. Session)
*Borrowed Chromebooks will need to be returned as soon as we return to face-to-face instruction.
JANUARY 6 & 7: ONLINE LEARNING DAYS
- We have opted to utilize our block schedule, for ease of student navigation. So, on Thursday lessons will be posted for your student's Quarter 3 RED Day classes, and on Friday lessons will be posted for your student's Quarter 3 BLUE Day classes.
- All lessons are asynchronous, so students can login at their convenience; however, we encourage students to follow their new Q3 schedule (available in Parent Portal) to become familiar with the new rotation.
- Teachers will be available to respond to student messages throughout the day, and we encourage them to reach out with any questions.
- This Online Learning Help Guide is a great resource for troubleshooting common tech issues.
OPTIONAL PT MEETING THURSDAY A.M.
MIDTERM MAKE-UP SESSIONS THIS WEEK
Attending students will be socially distanced in our cafeteria and optional masks will be available at the check-in table. Similar to our Friday Academy, students may be picked up as soon as they complete their assessments. Please reach out to your student’s teachers if you have additional questions about individual midterms. If your student has an outstanding mid-term and is unable to attend either of these sessions, we will work to find another opportunity when we return to face-to-face instruction.
MITIGATION STRATEGIES BACK IN PLACE
- Distanced faculty meetings with virtual attendance option
- Decreased number of students in cafeteria (this will require some grade levels to eat in classrooms)
- Continued use of seating charts in classrooms for contact tracing
- No large assemblies/gatherings
- No planning of new field trips
- Essential Visitors Only
- Encouraged use of masks/face coverings for staff and students
NATIONAL MENTORING MONTH
RECOGNIZE A LIBERTY STAFF MEMBER
We invite you to "shout-out" Liberty staff members who are making a difference and carrying out the mission, vision, beliefs, and commitments of Liberty Middle School!
Please submit your recognitions HERE. Thank you for supporting the hard work and dedication of our incredible staff!
Please continue to help us increase our PTSO participation as we work to support the students and staff this year through teacher grants, school projects, staff appreciation events, and much more! Click HERE to fill out the membership form. Membership is $35 and can be paid via cash, check, Venmo, or Paypal:
Purchase a birthday gram locker for your student! Our PTSO will decorate your student's locker on the first school day of their birthday month. Click HERE to place your order, and then submit $15 via Venmo or PayPal: