First few days of school Photos
Breakfast and Lunch Menu
School Picture Day
School pictures for ALL Grewenow students will be on Tuesday, September 29. In-Person students will have their pictures taken with their classrooms and classrooms will not intermingle.
Virtual students will have from 11:40 – 1:00 to come to Grewenow and have their picture taken. Procedure is:
- Parent will pull up to Door 11 and student will walk into the school to the gym with a mask on and have their picture taken.
- Only students will be in the building and staff members will be there (masked) to assist
- While the picture is taken, families will pull their vehicle up to the front of the parking lot by Door 14 walkway where their child will walk out of the building to get back in their vehicle.
There should be little to no contact with any in-person students. If a family is uncomfortable with having pictures taken at this time, there will be a future opportunity.
Coping with Stress
Pandemics can be stressful. The attached article provides a breakdown of what stress can look like and helpful tips on how to manage it.
Parent and Caregiver Support Group Information (Virtual)
- Wednesdays - Email updates & Take home folders (in-person) from grade level/teachers
- Fridays - Grewenow Gazette OR "Quick Hitter" principal update.
- Phone (robo) calls or text messages as important, time sensitive updates arise.
- Our regular attendance calls for students who are absent without family contact
Please subscribe to our school messenger
If you selected virtual, attendance will take attendance in the morning and after lunch just as we do at school by joining the classroom teacher's live virtual session.
- Daily attendance is important for student success and required by law for all grade K-12 students.
- If your child is unable or not attending the virtual sessions, Grewenow staff will contact your family to support consistent school attendance (virtual or in-person).
In-Person Learning Information
no before school breakfast
Instead breakfast will be grab and go as students begin entering the building at 7:15AM. There will not be supervision on the playground until 7:10. Please wait to drop your child off at or after that time.
Arrival and Dismissal
Just a reminder that you can Click this link to view your student(s)' entrance.
- Call 262-359-6362
- Paperwork: can be emailed (email@example.com) or fax 262-359-7706
- Drop something off, ring bell at Door 1 and place it in the Door way
If you need to pick your child up early, call the office ahead of time so we can have them ready. When you arrive, you can come to Door 1 and ring the bell, OR call the office, and we will send them out Door 1 (the new main entrance)
School Closures for Confirmed Cases
- All affected students and their families will receive timely notification via phone call
- All teachers will be using the district virtual platforms to that learning can shift to home for the duration of the closure/quaratine.
Virtual Learning Information
NEW MATERIAL PICK UP PROCEDURE
- Thursdays 12:00 - 12:30 supplies are able to be picked up at Door 11 along with lunches
- Thursdays 12:30 -2:00 Families may come to the Main Entrance to pick up supplies
Any day of the school week, families may call to make an appointment to pick up supplies for their student. Math materials & Chromebook sleeves are beginning to arrive and communucation about deployment will come soon.
- Families will order their lunch/breakfast by calling the Food Service office – 359-6050. Orders must be received by 8:30am.
- Lunch will be distributed Monday through Thursday at Door 11 from 12:00 - 12:30PM and Fridays from 11:30 - 12:00PM
Library Check Out Information
Students can use Destiny to place holds on 2 books they would like to check out or use a google form. All tutorial videos and google form links are on the Grewenow Library webpage.
For Virutal Tech Support
Additional help links: https://www.kusd.edu/resources/technology-resources-families
1:1 Technology Devices for ALL (Hotspots an option too!)
Families who need internet access may also request a "Hotspot". If you have not requested a Hotspot or you have more questions about devices, you may do so/learn more using the following link. If you have questions, please call the Grewenow School Office.
This link will take you to classroom webpages where our teachers post classroom resources and newsletters.