For the safety of ALL BTE Rangers
We have a few dismissal changes and reminders we wanted to make everyone aware of. We appreciate you helping us to ensure these procedures are followed in order to keep BTE a safe place for all scholars.
- If you need to make changes to the mode in which your child will be going home, you need to send a note in with your child or call the office before 12 pm. This allows enough time for teachers to be made aware and the appropriate accommodations to be made ahead of time.
- If you need to pick up your child from school before dismissal, you need to do so before 2:30 pm.
Please read the following descriptions for each mode of dismissal. Our goal is to make sure all scholars are sent home safely, everyday.
We are officially adding a new dismissal group. If you plan to park, get out of your car, and pick your child up, they will be called a "WALK-UP". Please adhere to the following procedures to ensure the safety of our scholars:
- Park your car on Farmhaven rd. without blocking the car rider line.
- Stand in the grassy area by the marquee.
- Wait for a BTE staff member to escort your child safely across the crosswalk.
- Do not wave your child over to you.
- Stay on the other side of the crosswalk.
Location: At the entrance of the school (by the marquee)
If you plan to stay in your car to pick your child up, they are a "CAR RIDER". Please adhere to the following procedures to ensure the safety of our scholars:
- Enter the car rider line through the second entrance to BTE on Farmhaven rd.
- Stay in your vehicle.
- Have a sign with your child's name and grade level VISIBLE in your window/windshield.
TIme: Line begins no later than 3:00pm
If your child rides the bus home from school, they are a "BUS RIDER". We are unable to pull students out of the bus lines or off of buses once dismissal has begun. Please adhere to the following procedures to ensure the safety of our scholars:
- Contact transportation for any direct details about bus routes.
- For Kinder & 1st, make sure someone is at the bus stop to pick up your child.
Time: Buses leave BTE at 3:10pm
If your child is walking home to a neighborhood nearby the school, they are a "WALKER". Walkers will meet a BTE staff member in the library during dismissal. Please adhere to the following procedures to ensure the safety of our scholars:
- Please make sure someone is there to receive your child from the designated location
Time: Walkers leave the building at 2:55pm