The Tiger Growl
WGP Weekly Parent Newsletter
Week of August 23--August 27
Weekly Message From Ms. Linker
Good Evening, Tiger Family!
I hope you all had a great weekend! It was SO good to see you all on Friday afternoon! I loved seeing your smiles and excitement. We can't wait to see you on Tuesday for the start of the 2021-2022 school year!
I have a few updates and reminders to share with you:
We have a Virtual Town Hall meeting scheduled tomorrow, Monday, August 23 at 8:00am, 12:00pm, and 3:00pm. We are offering three different times, but the content will be the same at all three meetings. Join the meeting time that works best for you! These meetings will last no longer than 30 minutes. We will record and post on Class Dojo as well. The Zoom information is posted in Class Dojo. If you are not in Class Dojo yet, please call the front office at 919-560-3988 to receive the Zoom information. After these meetings, we will share teacher assignments with those families that were not able to attend Open House on Friday.
The first day of school for our first--fifth grade scholars is on Tuesday, August 24! Our doors open at 7:20am. We are doing several safety precautions at WG to keep our Tiger family safe! All scholars and staff will submit the DPS COVID-19 screener and will have their temperatures taken each day. EVERY staff and scholar are required to wear a mask all day, every day. Please ensure your scholar arrives to school with a mask each day. If your scholar rides the bus, please complete the online screener before they get on the bus each morning. If your scholar is a car rider, please have your green check ready to show us in the carpool line. The online screener can be found in Class Dojo and on our website. As a reminder, no parents are allowed to walk their scholar to class due to COVID-19. For afternoon carpool, all cars must remain in the carpool line. No walk-ups are allowed. Please help us keep everyone safe by following our guidelines. In order to keep everyone safe, we all have to do our part by wearing a mask, getting our temperatures taken, and completing the daily screener. We ask that you give us all extra grace and flexibility on Tuesday as we return to school.
If your scholar has his/her Chromebook at home, they need to bring it to school on the first day.
Our rising kindergarteners have assessments this week. Please read the information on our website and plan accordingly. Kindergarten Open House is on Thursday, August 26 from 5:00--6:30pm.
We will cover a lot of information and updates in our town hall meetings tomorrow. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at 919-560-3988.
Tigers, we can't wait to see you on Tuesday! Please stay safe and well!
Have a tigerrific week!
Kindergarten Assessment Information
- Tuesday, August 24th: Only kindergarten students with the last name beginning with A-I will come to school from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Students will be car riders on this day.
- Wednesday, August 25th: Only kindergarten students with the last name beginning with J-R will come to school at 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Students will be car riders on this day.
- Thursday, August 26th: Only kindergarten students with the last name beginning with S-Z will come to school from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Students will be car riders on this day
- Thursday, August 26th: Open House for kindergarteners only beginning at 5:00 p.m. and ending at 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 27th: Make-up day. By appointments only for students who were unable to attend the Monday-Wednesday designated sessions. (Students who came on the other days will not come on this day) Parents will need to stay with their child the entire time.
- Monday, August 30th: Yay! Kindergarteners’ First Day of School!! Kindergartners will arrive at 8:45 with their parents or guardians and will be picked up by 1:15. Kindergartners may not ride the bus on the first day.