With One Voice
News & Notes from St. Francis of Assisi School
"That together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." ~ Romans 15:6
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a mountain cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and then put it under a bushel basket; it is set on a lampstand, where it gives light to all in the house. Just so, your light must shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father." ~ Matthew 5:14-16
Mobile viewed best in your browser.
December 9, 2020
Congratulations to Mrs. Tidball as she received her delayed Teacher of the Year Award - an honor worth waiting for!
The Kindergarten is anxiously awaiting Christmas!
The fourth grade welcomed their new cohort this week!
- We encourage you to review this website in advance of any future travel and let us know in advance if you plan to be in any states considered a hotspot (10% or greater positivity) - https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/testing-positivity.
- Archdiocesan policy prohibits entry to the school building for two weeks after visiting a state with a greater than 10% positivity rate.
- 12/17/20 Last day to donate items for the 80 Christmas baskets distributed by our community to our neighbors in need.
- 12/17, 12/18, 12/19 Sorting and distribution of canned goods and produce for the Christmas baskets. Keep those donations coming!
- 12/18/20 Get your last bid in on the silent audtion!
- 12/22/20 Last day of class before the Christmas Break
- 1/4/21Classes resume.
- Yearbook Pictures rescheduled until Friday, January 15th, in-person students from 8:30-10:00, distance learners 10:00-1:00. There will be no class pictures this year.
The latest calendar updates can always be found at https://sfa-school.org/calendar
SFA FALL RAFFLE
Turkey Dinner Raffle Winners just announced:
1st Prize: Tiffany Payne $1,000
2nd Scotch Loring $250.00
3rd Tiziana di Donato $100.00
Many thanks to everyone who purchased and sold raffle tickets to support this fundraiser.
The dinner is over, and now the raffle, but we still have one last leg of this fundraiser to complete. The SFA Turkey Dinner (online) Auction will continue to accept bids through December 18th. While you are enjoying a relaxing Thanksgiving break,
please check into the Auction site at www.Rallyup.com to see if any of the items would help you to finish your Christmas shopping. Remember, all of the profit goes directly to the school.
SFA Silent Auction
Check out all of the great silent auction items now online! Bidding is now open and will continue through December 18th! See Colleen Condon with questions!
SFA Morning Announcements 8AM
IMPORTANT TECH INFORMATION
A Painless Way to Support our School!
One More Way to Give (Not Quite as Painless but Worthwhile!)
Blood drives normally provide 80% of donated blood. Nearly 2700 Red Cross blood drives have been cancelled due to coronavirus, resulting in 86,000 fewer blood donations. So this year SFA is doing a VIRTUAL Blood Drive! Our goal is to get 100 donors by the end of January. Individuals 17 + (16 with parental consent) are encouraged to donate. Every donation can help save up to three lives. Will you consider giving the gift of life this Advent Season and sign up to donate today?
It’s easy to find an appointment that’s near to you. Click the link below to view the SFA campaign and pledge to give. When you donate, be sure to tag us on social media with #SleevesUpSFA
Our calendar has allotted three snow days.
News From the Parish
Christmas Baskets. The annual Christmas Basket project is well underway. Thank you so much for all of the donations being brought into the school. We are also trying to provide gift cards for all of our families, so that they can purchase gifts and food for their families. You can call the rectory to purchase gift cards, or you can go to this link to sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e4eaeab2da2fd0-christmas7. If you'd like to make a monetary donation to help defray the cost of turkeys, etc., you can drop off or send a check to the rectory, or you can make a donation through Venmo @sfabalt. There are so many ways to support this terrific (and sorely needed) project! Thank you for any way you can help.
Afghan Sale. Another bummer about Covid-19 is that there won't be a Sodality Bake Sale and Afghan Sale this year. BOO!!! However, Ms. Ann has been busily making her famous afghans, and we are selling them online. You can purchase them or make a donation to SFA here: https://sfabalt.square.site/s/shop. Many thanks to Ann Heether for her year-round dedication to making afghans.
FROM THE SCHOOL NURSE...
In order for us to appropriately monitor situations and prevent a Covid surge at SFA, if your student attends in-person, please email your student's teacher, our acting-Principal Mary Carol Lidinsky, and the school nurse (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any health concerns, if you are keeping your student at home for any reason, if questioning symptoms any symptoms that may require quarantining, or if you receive a notice of Covid exposure to others.
Keep up the good work with hand hygiene, social distancing and proper mask attire! SFA community's diligence and commitment to these steps are proving to help keep us all healthy and safe!
FROM THE SCHOOL COUNSELOR...
- Please join me in reading The Power Of Showing Up by Dan J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson.
- I have read the book they co-authored The Whole Brain Child and often refer parents to this book. I am excited to read this book and would love for the SFA community to join me and find a time to discuss early in 2021. Here is a quick listen from Tina Bryson's Blog that I found helpful and I wanted to share:
- Feel free to reach out any time if you or your child need support: email@example.com
Get SFA branded items delivered to your house in time for Christmas!
Pro Tip: Click the name of the school on the left side to see products! A percentage of every purchase goes directly to support SFA! More items to come! Get your SOAR Swag!
SFA PARISH NEWS & EVENTS
Bags and More Raffle
TOGETHER WE PRAY...
- For Mr. D'Adamo and Mrs. Lidinsky during the school's leadership transition, and for the faculty and staff as they work to support them.
- For all those affected by the Coronavirus, as well as all those tending to the sick, and all those working to advance the cause of science towards cure/treatment.
For the fostering of productive dialogue and real action around social justice, equity, elimination of bias, and the healing of the wounds of systemic racism in our nation.
For +Shannon Reviere, +Betty Garman Robinson, +Catherine Smith, and all those who have died.
For + Bob Sheridan, father of Rebecca Malone, our former principal
For + Larry Nye Kritcher, grandfather of Julian Traut
For all victims of violence in our city, our nation, and our world.
- For the victims and survivors of cancer, as well as those who continue to fight!
Prayer requests may always be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.