Paredes PRIDE... Enough Said
See It Believe It Achieve It
JEANS ALL WEEK May 16-20
ONE TEAM ONE MESSAGE
- One Team One Message
- Be on time. Start on Time. End on Time.
- Publish an agenda in advance and stick to it.
- Make the content count and keep it relevant.
- Be positive, while providing constructive solutions.
- Be respectful and open minded.
Want to see the leaders in action? Just let us know!
AISD Innovation Summit
Paredes Student Leaders presenting Google Classroom!!
Research supports student leadership
Thank You Ms. Hartman for believing in your students!!
Excellent job student leaders presenting at the AISD Innovation Summit.
Our AMAZING Custodial Staff ROCKS!!
We Love You Ms. Pituch You INSPIRE us all!!
Thank you to all the faculty and staff sending in your SHOUT OUTS and Pictures!!!
Thank YOU Ms. Savedra for feeding us all week YOU ARE THE BEST!!!
Thank YOU Coach Morales for subbing for Mr. Salinas this week YOU ROCK!!!
Thank YOU to Mr. Hendricks, Ms. Kinlsow, and anyone else who helped with STAAR this week!!!
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR SETTING OUR STUDENTS UP FOR SUCCESS EVERYDAY!!
- NO Non-Instructional movies please. Admin needs to approve movies.
- Copier codes are in effect see Ms. Tompkins if needed.
- Please be PROACTIVE and ACTIVELY on duty every passing period.
- Please assume the best of intentions and appreciate each other because YOU ARE AWESOME!!!
- Please take attendance everyday every period and let us know if students tell you they saw a student earlier in case they are skipping class. We need to get our attendance up!!
- Please review our technology policy with your students, RED, YELLOW, and GREEN signs can be reprinted by Ms. Beck or Mr. Hendricks.
- Please review your expectations with every class since SPRING FEVER IS IN THE AIR!! Continue to make lessons engaging and exciting!!
- Please remember to call the office for an escort if a student is having behavior issues or is out of dress code.
- Please send updates to our website to Ms. Randolph.
REMINDER- 6th grade uses the TECH Signs below as well on the shared drive under MEMES... TOO CUTE 6th GRADE!!
SALUTE- Come Celebrate Ms. Womack T.O.Y. and Mr. Flowers T.O.P.
This Upcoming Week- JEANS ALL WEEK FOR EVERYONE AGAIN!!!
MONDAY- NJHS and STUCO Field Trip, Orchestra Concert 7pm, Dressdown for GOLOVE NOW Students Must Have A Wristband
TUESDAY- GOLOVENOW Speaker see times below, GRADECHECK, SALUTE at the PAC starting at 6:30pm, NO MEETINGS AFTER SCHOOL, Guitar Concert 7pm
WEDNESDAY- Athletic Banquet 5:30pm
THURSDAY-8th Dressdown Fundraiser Students Must Have A Wristbands
FRIDAY- AVID Field Trip, 8th period Talent Show- Cafe (students will have wristbands if they paid to attend)
FIELD TRIP REMINDERS
- SEND A LIST OF WHO IS ATTENDING TO THE STAFF
- MAKE SURE MS. GONZALES HAS A COPY OF WHO ACTUALLY IS IN ATTENDANCE BEFORE YOU LEAVE CAMPUS
- MAKE SURE YOU CHECK WITH THE NURSE FOR MEDICAL CLEARANCE
- MAKE SURE YOUR CLASSES ARE COVERED AND YOUR ORGANIZATION CAN PAY FOR ANY SUBS NEEDED
- LET ADMIN AND THE OFFICE KNOW YOUR PLAN FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT ATTENDING AND WHAT ROOM THEY WILL BE IN
We need to make sure we are teaching bell to bell and not showing non-instructional movies.
We need to set the tone that school is not over and support one another by teaching bell to bell.
Please maintain the rigor of your lessons and get all movies approved by admin.
Any instructional movie should tie to your TEKS and have an assignment that corresponds.
REMINDER Copier Codes Are In Effect!!
Now that we have codes please DO NOT allow students in the teacher workroom and please do not give them your E#.
See Tompkins or Savedra for questions.
Excellent STAAR Lead4ward Resources
Insightful Article About SPED
We need 1 More
As a part of the new Professional Pathways for Teachers (PPfT) Appraisal System, teachers will be required to complete one Student Learning Objective (SLO) as a measure of student growth. To help facilitate this process, each campus principal will have the opportunity to assign teachers to serve in the role of PPfT SLO Campus Contact for the 2016-2017 school year. Each SLO Campus Contact will earn a $500 stipend at the end of the school year for their successful service in this role. The characteristics and responsibilities of the SLO Campus Contact include:
* Attending required face-to-face summer training
* Attending online meetings throughout the year
* Serving in a campus leadership role
* Being comfortable with technology
* Facilitating and monitoring the completion of the SLO process
* Directing teachers to the appropriate SLO resources
* Communicating timelines and reminders to teachers and appraisers
* Serving as a point of contact between campus and district
RESCHEDULED 5K for May 21
Vertical Team Event- See Coach Almanza, Mr. Johnson or Ms. Savedra
The Akins High School Band is proud to present the first annual Akins Community 5K and Festival!
Saturday - April 23rd, 2016 / Akins HS / 9:00am - 2:00pm
The Akins Community 5K and Festival is a new fundraising event supporting all the schools of the Akins HS Vertical Team:
Paredes MS- What ideas do you have to help us fundraise or does your organization want to sell something?
Palm ES Perez ES