Parkland Weekly Update
September 5, 2014
- September 6, Student Council Welcome Back Carnival, 10 AM – 4 PM, RAIN OR SHINE at Parkland High School. Families will enjoy a cake walk, carnival games, carnival food, and more at this first annual event – click here for more info.
September 17, PHS Parent Forum on Gold Collar Jobs in the Lehigh Valley, Room C200, 7 PM.
- September 19, New Student Involvement Fair, PHS auxiliary gym, 10 AM. Parkland High School students will explore a myriad of co-curricular activities that are offered at Parkland. The high school offers more than 65 after-school clubs as well as 23 sports to complement the academic experience of attending school.
- September 20, Parkland Emergency Preparedness Day, St. Luke’s West End Medical Center (site of old Expo Mart at 501 Cetronia Rd.), 11 AM - 4 PM. North Whitehall, South Whitehall, and Upper Macungie fire, police, and EMS will join together with equipment and displays, handouts from various vendors and demonstrations to make this a fun and educational event for families. Food, rides and games will be part of this FREE outdoor event.
- Click here for a list of MEET THE TEACHER NIGHTS/OPEN HOUSES in Parkland Schools.
- Two Parkland/LCTI students earned awards at the FCCLA National Competition in San Antonio, Texas during the summer. Paul Caskie earned a 2nd place Silver medal for Sports Nutrition and John Amato earned a 3rd place Bronze medal for Culinary Arts Math.