Ambassador Update for EduPaths
Weekly Update - 4/4-4/8
The nice thing about post-MACUL is that we have been able to focus! We have been working on courses and getting them ready to publish. Additionally, much of what we have focused on was summer PD. We have outlined our trainings - a flipped course (to be completed prior) AND our face-to-face sessions. We will be sharing those details with you soon - likely in next week's update.
A few courses were completed late last week and today - waiting on reviews from content developers and from our own review process. The courses at that level include:
- Building Resiliency- Foundation and Instruction Pathways
Leaders Managing Stress - Leadership Pathway
Getting Started with Blogging in the Classroom - Instruction and Technology Pathways
- Digital Math Skills - Instruction Pathway
Below, is picture of my bunny Rocky! He is house-trained and loves lettuce, kale, parsley, carrots, bananas and tortilla chips. He really loves the weather change - cannot wait to get his teeth around green grass! Included here just because he's cute! ;-)
To provide a short update of the things we are currently working on:
- Finalized sites for our Summer PD plans. Dates and sites confirmed:
June 21-22 - Oakland Schools
June 22-23 - Muskegon ISD
June 29-30 - Clinton County RESA
July 11-12 - Wayne RESA and Alpena-Monmorency-Alger ESD
July 25-26 - Kalamazoo RESA and Traverse Bay ISD
August 8-9 - Saginaw ISD
August 15-16 - Eastern UP ISD and Marquette-Alger ESA
- You will find preliminary Promo Materials for this event. Please review and provide feedback. We will publish and send the final flyers by the end of the next week. Feel free to begin recruiting now!
Summer PD Flyer (site links not yet working)
Summer PD Application
- We are still working on statewide conference sites to host booths
- Partnerships are increasing - more about this at Advisory
- Another Twitter Chat is scheduled for Tuesday, April 12 @ 8:30 pm - Student Engagement and Motivation at #EduPaths. Focus is on the Foundations pathway. Join us!
Resources for Ambassadors
- The G-Presentation is available for showcasing EduPaths.
- The updated list is courses for SCHECHs
- Our updated list of External link courses/resources
Things we are still working on (our ongoing short-list)...
- Still adding curriculum standards to the site - Ken is working on a different way to import standards without manually adding them one by one!
- Still working to add content that was created outside of Canvas...getting closer to breakthroughs in this!
Glad to have you back and look forward to seeing you all soon!!
Jake Gentry, Kim Garcia, Molly Bruzewski, and Ron Madison
Tuesday Twitter Chat
Ambassadors & Advisory Meeting this Friday
Friday, April 15th, 9am-2pm
2413 West Maple Avenue
(Enter through entrance 3, veer to your right and room AB is the 1st room on your left.)
Google hangout.....click on the link below to join.