WordQ4 - Hear What You Type
For ADHD students, helps them write and focus
Positive features about WordQ4
- Interactive - students are not just trying to concentrate, but have instant verbal input from the program as it reads back what they have just typed
- Perhaps better than Dragon, as it trains its voice recognition to understand your voice, with no reading required
- Has a voice to text feature as well
- Offers suggestions if it can't recognize a word the student is saying
- Helps only as much as you need with functions that easily turn on or off
Possible Drawbacks to WordQ4
- They say their text voice is "clear and pleasant" but I found it a bit robotic and droney
- the WordQ4 version might not be suitable for schools as it has an "explicit language warning"
- Cost is somewhat prohibitive at $199 or $149 (I may put something like this on my PAC request list for next year!)
Fyi, the Link feature on this Smore flyer will not work, and I wish it would!
WordQ4 Pro - for Colleges and Universities