11/1/2020 vol. 11
Dear Twelve Bridges families,
We had a fun week at school! It was great seeing the kids in their costumes, with their crazy hair, and wacky outfits! I hope you all had a fun and safe weekend!
New in this message, you will find details on our upcoming parent conferences and how to sign up, our makeup picture day details, and a reminder about our traffic procedures.
An update from our food services department is a reminder that due to the Veterans Day holiday on Wednesday 11/11, InterCONNECT families who have signed up for meals will need to pick them up on Thursday 11/12 from 1pm - 3pm.
Starting next week, your Sunday Message will be delivered using a different system. We will be transitioning away from our current system, School Messenger, to a new system with many more features called Parent Square. Please be patient as we work out the kinks. Thanks!
Let's have a great week!
Sign up for Virtual Conferences today! Parent open window from 11/1/20 through 11/9/20
Step-By-Step Parent/Guardian Instructions
- From the Online Scheduler Home Page
- Choose your student’s school from the drop down list and click “GO”
- Enter the school password tigers
- Enter your student’s “Student ID”. If you do not know their Student ID, use the LOOKUP STUDENT ID button to access the system.
- Verify the student’s birth date
- A list of your student’s teachers will be displayed. Check the box next to the name of each teacher(s) you would like to meet with.
- If you have more than one student in the school you can see all of your students’ teachers’ schedules at one time by answering YES to this question “Do you want to schedule conferences for another student?” then repeat the steps above for your other students. If you only have one student, answer NO to that question.
- You will then see the available time slots for each teacher you selected.
- Select the times that work best for your schedule.
- Enter your email address (recommended) if you would like an email reminder sent to you. (Your email address is kept private.)
- Once you have finished you can confirm your appointment details and print your conference schedule.
- Write down the Confirmation Number (you will need this number to cancel your appointment)
Make up Picture Day December 8
Too long to read? Here are the bullets:
- Please do not turn right out of the parking lot during pick up/ drop off times
- Do not wait in the drop off lane for your older students if you dropped off or picked up a kindergartener
- Please do not get out of your car in the drop off lane
Pick up and drop off are always a challenge with such a big school as TBE. We only have the two options of the park and school parking lots for those that drop their students off. One of the main problems we are seeing this year are those that are waiting in the drop off lane after dropping off or picking up their TK/kindergarteners. The problem occurs when a parent picks up (or drops off) their kindergartener and then waits until their older student is dismissed (or allowed to enter) the campus. What we are seeing is that some kindergarteners are left waiting to be picked up (or unable to be dropped off) because the line of cars is no longer moving. Please be mindful of our little ones and do not wait in the drop off lane in front of the school. As an option, you may pull around to the park entrance or just make a loop around to get back in line. We want to give others the chance to pull through and drop off/pick up.
Traffic only flows one way in the parking lots in front of school and near the park with both parking lots exiting at the same location. With regards to the Eastridge entrance to the school, we are asking everyone to obey the posted green sign and refrain from turning right directly out of our parking lot during the hours of 7:30-8:30 AM and 11:45-12:15 PM as this poses a direct risk to our students and crossing guard. If you need to turn right, please go straight through Eastridge, then turn right on Letterkenny Drive. Letterkenny will exit out onto Eastridge just east of the school utilizing Bradborne Drive. Please drive carefully and slowly down our neighboring streets out of consideration and safety for our neighbors and children!
Our last reminder is to stay in your car when you are in the drop off lane during pick up and drop off times. If you need to speak with a teacher, drop by the office, or visit with friends, please find a parking space to avoid blocking traffic.
Thanks for your help!
Down the Road
December 1, 2, 3, 4 (See above)
11/11/20 No School Veteran's Day
11/23/20 through 11/27/20 No School Thanksgiving Break
12/08/20 Make up Picture Day TK-5
12/21/20 through 1/4/21 No School Winter Break
01/18/21 No School Martin Luther King Day
If you would like to add your child's name, please fill out this survey with your information.
Also, if you would like to remove your child from the list, please fill out the same survey and just mark "no" to the free meal bag.
Not Attending Classes today?
Student(s) Not Attending Classes Today?
If your student(s) will not be attending classes (in-person or InterCONNECT), you will need to contact the school’s office to report this absence. Preferably before 9:00am. Letting your student(s) teachers know is great, but this information is not always shared with the office.
We have three options to report an absence:
· Call our attendance hotline at (916)434-5210
· Email attendance clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Use the Twelve Bridge Elementary app
o Bottom of main page
o Click on ABSENCE icon
o Complete form
Due to the current COVID-19 procedures in place, we need to know what symptoms your child is having if you are keeping them home “sick”. Please include these symptoms in your absence message. If they have a temperature, please let us know what it is. We will then contact you if more follow up is necessary.
If you have any other issues or questions, please call our office at (916)434-5220. Your support during these challenging times is appreciated.
Daily In-Person Protocols and Details
1) Please ensure your child is healthy and free from any COVID symptoms that cannot be explained by pre-existing conditions. These include:
a. Fever (100.4 degrees or higher)
c. Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
e. Muscle or body aches
g. Loss of taste or smell
h. Sore throat
i. Congestion or runny nose
j. Nausea or vomiting
2) All students will need to wear a mask.
3) Students should bring a refillable water bottle and a healthy snack to school. There will be several water-bottle filling stations on campus.
4) Parents and guardians will not be allowed to enter campus. We will miss our amazing parents and volunteers on campus and hope to welcome you all back soon!
5) We will have an additional gate open for arrival and dismissal. All students coming from the direction of the park should use the custodial gate located between the park and the school.
6) Adults driving to campus should remain in their cars during drop-off and pick-up.
7) All adults escorting students on foot or bike should be wearing a mask and practicing social distancing guidelines when they enter school property.
8) TK and K arrival is from 8:00-8:15. 1st-5th arrival is from 8:15-8:30. Please do not drop off students early as there is no supervision available during that time.
9) TK and K dismissal is at 11:45. 1st-5th dismissal is at 12:00. First through fifth-grade parents please do not drive onto campus early and wait in the car line as that will prevent us from getting our TK and K students out on time.
10) Please be patient as we work through these new procedures.
Also, be sure you and your child are prepared by reviewing the district's Roadmap to Reopening and the FAQs about returning to campus.
Thanks for all of your support following these new protocols!
If the device you are using at home is no longer working and you need to officially check out a Chromebook to bring to and from school, please contact Mr. Middleton. We will do our best to accommodate this request. The district continues to wait for our new shipment of Chromebooks to arrive.
If you are unsure if your child needs to bring in their charged Chromebook, please contact your teacher.
Our Library is Open!
Students can now begin checking out library books! Please follow our check out guidelines below. For future reference, this information can also be found on our school website under the Library tab.
Distance Learning Circulation Policy
All students have the ability to remotely access our library system by logging on. Please visit https://search.follettsoftware.com/metasearch/ui/53010 or visit our school website. Click on the "Library" Tab and then "Online Catalog"
Your username is your school sign on (Grad year + Last name + First two initials) Example: 21BremnerDF. Your password is your 8 digit student id number.
Grades K-1 may check out 1 book. Grades 2-5 may check out 2 books.
Check out period is two weeks.
Students will place a "Hold" on the books they would like to check out. Please note: The system will not allow the student to delete a hold. "Hold" should not be clicked until they are certain that it is the book they'd like to check out. You must contact Ms. Bremner to delete a hold.
Ms. Bremner will pull the books and check them out for the student.
Your books will be ready for pickup THE FOLLOWING SCHOOL DAY after 9 a.m.
Pick up your books from the book cart in the front office by 3:30 p.m.
Your books will have your name on them.
If your books are not picked up within two school days, they will be returned to the library and made available for another student to check out.
Return your books to the "Return Box" on the book cart in the front office.
ALL books must be returned before additional books can be borrowed.
If you place a "Hold" on a book and currently have an overdue library book or fine, your order will not be filled.
Overdue notices and/or fines will be sent via email.
If you have any difficulty logging on or have any questions, please email Ms. Bremner at email@example.com.
We want to thank DC Solar as our final Gold Level sponsor!
PTC Board Meetings - Mondays @ 3:00pm, Nov 2, Dec 7, Jan 4, Feb 1, Mar 1, Apr 5, May 3
Hopeful 2021 Events
Fun Run (February 19th) – Pep Rally is 2/8*
Starstruck (April 21st & 22nd) – Dance Instruction begins week of March 8th every Tues/Fri
*We intend to have a LIVE or VIRTUAL Fun Run in February, to encourage fun fitness!!
BIG THANKS to our AMAZING 2020-2021 TBES Sponsors!!
The Alfano Group Real Estate Agency
Kim Ogden, Atherton Wealth Advisors
Briley Real Estate, Inc.
Would YOU or your business like to be a sponsor for our school? Please contact Leah Bassett @ firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the business sponsorship form.
i-Ready Tech Support
They can answer most questions, but cannot help with username or password recovery. For that, please contact your teacher directly.