HTMS Library Low-Down
Annual HTMS Library Magazine Campaign is ON!
All proceeds will be used to purchase book titles that our students are requesting, and every separate magazine order will allow the student to select a new emoji keychain! (They are SO cute!)
Drop in December Circulation - No Worries, It's Normal!
Top Three Circulated Titles for December 2016...
Mrs. McFarland's Corner - A Professional Library Aide's Life...
- 27 new books covered, processed, and cataloged (this job typically takes at least 15-20 uninterrupted minutes per book)
- Assisted in and facilitated the shelving of 1,112 books
- Assisted in and facilitated the checking out of 933 books
- Facilitated 13 Homework Club Days
- Assisted in the management of 14 8th grade student library aides
- Laminated 24 feet worth of documents
- Ran the Nurse's office for about 4 school hours
- Managed the library during the 26 library/classroom collaborations that required Mrs. Brockman's presence
WHEW! That's a lot for one month - even a short month, and this list does no justice the million other things she does each day! I am so thankful that I have Mrs. McFarland in our library and in my life!
Robotics Coding Mini-Course with Ozobot was a Great Success!
Dec. Collaborations - 26, Bringing Our Grand Total to 241!
There weren't as many collaborations during the month of December, but the ones we had were wonderful - teaming with GATE student to promote her Honduras book drive, planning for 7th grade SS civics unit, and beginning work with my first HTMS Student Treasure team. I am excited about what 2017 will bring!
1st Semester Student Library Aides - a Job Well Done!
- prepped 2 book fairs and one magazine campaign
- shelved some 4,700 books
- checked out and renewed some 6,500 books
- delivered dozens upon dozens of documents, notes, packages to locations all over the school
- lovingly tended library shelves to make sure that they were high and tight!
- responsibly handled overdue fines
- rearranged furniture and chromebook carts - daily
- kept plants alive
- AND MOST IMPORTANTLY made Mrs. Brockman and Mrs. McFarland laugh
It's going to be hard to say goodbye to this first bunch, and we wish them well as they transition to Career Prep A during second semester! Looking forward to our fresh faces, too - it's going to be a fun, busy end of the year!
The HTMS Library's December Top Readers!
Some NEW Titles Added During December...
Did You Know That We Have...
... CHROMEBOOK LIBRARY CARD CATALOGS! Teachers and Students can search a full site Library Card Catalog on one of our three Chromebook card catalog stations. These stations offer full functionality and larger screens than our iPad stations - come try one out!
Your Librarian - Mrs. Rachel Brockman
- University of Alabama, Master of Library and Information Studies, K-12th
- Auburn University, Bachelor of Elementary Education, K-6th
- Paine Primary Teacher of the Year, 2015
- Herman Moore Presidential LAMP Award for Exceptional Library Service, 2015
- Paine Primary Teacher of the Year, 2013
- Herman Moore LAMP Award for Exceptional Library Service, 2009