Parent Leadership Organization
Parent Education Evening - "Kids Health"
6:00-7:00pm, Thursday, September 19 - Call ahead for childcare
Speaker - Katie Hurlbut, RN, MSN, CPNP
* Received Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Texas
Health Science Center- Houston in 2003
* Nursing experience as a staff nurse in the Pediatric ICU at Texas
Children's Hospital from 2003-2004 and then transferred to the
Pulmonary/Adolescent Unit at TCH from 2004-2007
* Received Master of Science in Nursing for Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
from the University of Texas Health Science Center- Houston in 2007
* Master's research focus was on childhood obesity
* Board certified through the Pediatric National Certification Board
* Member of Sigma Theta Tau National Honor Society, American Academy of
Pediatrics and the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
* Nurse practitioner experience- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner for Humble
Pediatric Associates from 2007 to present
* Special interests include childhood obesity, nutrition and
educating families on healthy lifestyle choices.
Also presenting -
An Exciting Health Related Fundraising Opportunity!