The Essential Pharmacist
Healing Hands Foundation
Essential Recipe: Herbed Pasta Salad
1 (16oz) pkg. bow-tie pasta
2 cups grape tomatoes, quartered
7 oz fresh mozzarella, cubed
1 medium sweet yellow bell pepper, diced
1/2 small red onion, chopped
1/2 cup of pickled banana pepper rings
1 (2 1/4 oz) black olive slices
8 slices salami, chopped
1/2 cup fresh basil, thinly shredded
Not only does this fresh pasta salad make the perfect offering for your next get-together, but it includes plenty of nutritious ingredients for any health-conscious eaters.
- Tomato- According to a study from the University of Montreal, a tomato-rich diet may reduce the risk of pancreatic cancer.
- Bell Pepper- These bright and flavorful veggies are known to help with weight loss since they are low on calories and can be used as an alternative to salty and processed snacks.
- Garlic- One study from the National Cancer Institute discovered that eating 10 grams of garlic each day could lower the risk for prostate cancer.
3/4 cup olive oil 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 garlic clove
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 drops doTERRA Basil essential oil
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients leaving dressing until last.
3. Mix dressing ingredients in a blender until emulsified.
4. Toss dressing with pasta until coated. Cover and refrigerate for one hour to allow flavors to mingle.
5. Serve in a large bowl and enjoy!
- Saturday May 14th 9:00am-3:00pm; AromaTouch Technique Training; Hilton Garden Inn, Indianapolis, IN. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/aromatouch-technique-training-tickets-24626775348
- Saturday May 14th @ 4:00-9:00pm; Edge Success Boot Camp; Hilton Garden Inn, Indianapolis, IN. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/edge-success-builder-boot-camp-indianapolis-tickets-24725014183
- Tuesday May 17th @ 7:00 pm; Essential Oils 101; Greenwood, IN (Message me for more details)
- Thursday May 19th at 8:00pm; Taking Charge of Your Health; Private Zoom webinar (Message me for a link to join)
- Tuesday May 24th @ 7:00 pm; Membership & Business Overview; Greenwood, IN (Message me for more details)
- Tuesday May 31st @ 7:00 pm; Essential Oils 201; Greenwood, IN (Message me for more details)