District-wide ENews Notes
September 22, 2022
Fri., Sept., 23 - Sat., Sept., 24 - Fall Weekend
Sat., Sept., 24 - Fall Weekend Parade, 12:30 p.m.
Sat., Sept., 24 - Alumni Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, H.S. Cafe., 4:30 p.m.
Sun., Sept., 25 - Youth Trophy Cup Run, 1:00 p.m.
Tues., Sept., 27 - Board of Education Mtg., 7 p.m.
Mon., Oct., 3 - Sports Booster Club Mtg., H.S. Lobby Conf. Rm., 7 p.m.
Wed., Oct. 5 - Art Booster Club Mtg., Middle School Art Rm., 5:30 p.m.
Fri., Oct. 7 - Professional Development Day; Students not in Session (Vacation Care Available)
**NOTE: Please recognize that the District's online calendar will house the most accurate District and building events.
Fall Weekend Parade
Alumni Hall of Fame Events
Youth Trophy Cup
Youth Trophy Cup Runs - 25th Anniversary! The runs are a festival of eight cross-country style races for youth, ages 5 to 12 living in the Honeoye Falls-Lima School District. Located behind Manor School. See attached flyer for details.
Note from the Transportation Department:
Learn Spanish with Honeoye Falls-Lima Community Ed
Annual Notices and Policies
New York State requires all school districts to annually notify parents/guardians of specific laws and/or regulations.
Vacation Care for October 7, 2022 is open for registration. The link for registration is found here:
Free and Reduced Lunch Application
Children need healthy meals to learn. The Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District offers healthy meals every school day. For the 2022-23 school year, breakfast costs $1.80 and lunch costs $3.05.
Your family may be eligible for free or reduced-price school meals. Fill out the application below to see if your family qualifies. The application as well as the instructions for the application can also be found on the Food Services website at https://www.schoolnutritionand... as well as in the District calendar which is sent home on the first day of school with the youngest in the household.
Did you know applying for free and reduced meals financially helps not just our food service department, but the district as a whole?
Community Programs Offerings
- Horsemanship Program for youth ages 7 and up. Participants will experience the world of horses by learning how to groom, tack, walk, ride and communicate with horses. Participants will also learn horse care and feeding. Barn location: 375 Stoney Brook Rd, Rush, NY Equipment needed: boots, long pants, mask, lunch, dress for the weather. For more information and to register go to the Community Programs website:https://registration.hflcsd.org/searchResults.cfm?couID=481
- 4th Grade Jailbreak Club with Mr. Michalski- Tuesdays 3:15 - 4:00 pm starting 9/20
- 5th Grade Jailbreak Club with Mr. Michalski - Wednesdays 3:15 - 4:00 pm 9/21. To register go to https://registration.hflcsd.org/categorySearch.cfm?category=1
- LEGO Robotics Club for Beginners, Grades 3-5 This class will introduce students to the basics of robotics and programming concepts. Working in pairs or individually, students will use a LEGO Mindstorms education kit to learn how to program it to move and react to its environment using the LabView-based visual programming language, EV3-G. Concepts taught and reinforced include: programming skills, teamwork, communication, problem solving, critical thinking, perseverance, technology, engineering, and mathematics. To register: https://registration.hflcsd.org/categorySearch.cfm?category=1
- Manor School Kickball with Mr. Tran: Wednesdays 3:14 - 4:15 begins 9/21.To register: https://registration.hflcsd.org/searchResults.cfm?couID=359
- Manor Nintendo Arcade Club with Mr. Tran: Imagine a community of players who love Nintendo! Super, Wii, Fit, and Switch in 4K, this age appropriate and active multi-player game play is the school version of "Time Out Arcade" on multiple monitors in the Manor Imagine Lab. Begins 9/23. To register: https://registration.hflcsd.org/searchResults.cfm?couID=362
Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District 2022-2023 Device Protection Plan
Mendon Public Library
- Story Time at the Gazebo Tuesdays, 10 - 10:30 am
- Preschool Story Time at the Gazebo open to preschoolers and their caregivers. Join Miss Kelly for songs, stories, and simple crafts each Tuesday (dress for the weather).
- Paws to Relax Tuesdays, 2nd and 4th Tuesdays, 6:30-7:30 pm
- Tech Training Wednesdays, 3:00 - 6:00 pm
- LEGO Club @ Rotary Park Thursdays, September 15 - October 13, 4:30-5:30 pm
- Firefly Friends at Mendon Public Library, "Your Light is Bright", Four Wednesdays, 9/21-10/12, 10 am - 10:25 am. Children Ages 2-5 with Parent or Caregiver (Siblings welcome): Firefly Friends is geared towards helping little ones to shine bright lights. Classes to be led by Jennifer DeVille Catalano. Classes are limited to 10 children. Please call to register for all four classes in Block 1, 624-6067. Will be held in the library.
- Introduction to Meditation with Health Counselor Lori Goldsmith Wednesday, September 21, 6:30 – 7:30 pm
- HF-L Fall Weekend Friday and Saturday, September 23 and September 24, 2022 Look for MPL in the Fall Weekend Parade - we'll be riding along in the MCLS Book Bike Teen Book Festival Saturday, September 24, 2022 Teen Book Festival is back! Check out www.teenbookfest.org for line-up of authors and all the details!
- Seminar #2:College 102: 6 Steps to Maximizing your Financial Aid Offer with College Assistance Plus, Thursday, September 29, 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Putting the Garden to Bed, A Cornell Cooperative Extension Master Gardener Presentation, Sat 10/1/2022 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM