It Takes This Amazing Village
January 18, 2022
This graphic stands out now more than ever. Once again, I am in AWE. To say that in January 2022, I learned something new, is not accurate, but more accurately to acknowledge being struck by the beauty of how each of our individual work comes together in this system that is so great is true gestalt sight. It is because of the strength of each individual in our system and how that work amplifies in a necessary synthesis for our students. Whether it is supporting a student off the bus, connecting with a family, prepping the materials for a lesson or covid mitigation, making the visuals, or supporting a colleagues lesson while they are taking care of their health.
We are continuing to live through unprecedented times and nonetheless, this community is wrapping around each other in unprecedented ways. We know that we continue to live through unknowns, caring for the health and wellness of our students, our colleagues, our families and ourselves, as well as daily embracing the work of ensuring that we can support schools from opening to closing. This is possible because of the dedication, care and hard work of each team member. It is truly impressive. We hope that you had a restful and rejuvenating weekend. We are thankful to be in this village with you.
It doesn't just take a village. It Takes THIS Amazing Village. Thank you for being the educators that you are.
Updates to Oregon Accessibility Manual
- the 100s number table is now available for grade 3
- manipulatives have been added as a support for all grades; please look at the manual for guidelines (page 40 and page 113)
- dictation (this is now an embedded accommodation and built in to the testing platform)
As a reminder, students need to be using these supports on a regular basis. It will also be helpful to try out some of the embedded supports (i.e.. dictation) on the sample test prior to going into a testing session.
The manual can be found here: https://www.oregon.gov/ode/educator-resources/assessment/Documents/accessibility_manual.pdf
Recovery Services Workgroup
- Thursday January 27th from 3:30-4:30 Primary, Middle, and High School Representatives
- Thursday February 10th from 3:30-4:30 for Primary, Middle and High School Representative
- Thursday February 3rd from 2:30-3:30
- Thursday February 3rd from 8:00-9:00
- Thursday February 3rd from 3:30-4:30
If you are interested in joining each of the times that your level is listed, please email Lauren Brigsby. Thank you for considering think and planning with us!
Documenting Recovery Services Discussions
- On our Special Factors Page.
- In the Meeting Notes (Here are some sentence frames)
- By Special Education Action. (Here are some templates)
If you need support with drafting a special education action, please reach out to your IC, Stephanie, Allison or Lauren.
Templates for Sped Actions have been added. These are intended to be a support In drafting a teams' PWN and will benefit from being Individualized to the discussion, agreements, and disagreements of the team.
Supporting Recovery Services & Accessing Extra Hours
Thank you to those that have already expressed interest in supporting this great work for students!
We are planning for Recovery Services and we want to recruit you! We are recruiting paraedcuators for after school opportunities 1-2 times per week during the school year AND we are recruiting - Paraedcuators, learning specialists, Motor Team, SLPs, ICs - for a robust summer program. If you are potentially interested in supporting the summer program, let us know and we will keep you in the loop. Indicating yes is not a commitment, but a potential interest! Click on this link or the form below to express interest!
You represent the expertise, care, and compassion to create beautiful learning communities. Thank you for all that you do.
- Wednesday January 19th - School Counselors - 8:30-10:00 - via zoom
- Thursday January 20th - Eval Team -11:30 -1:30 - via zoom
- Tuesday January 25th - Parent Collaboration Group - 5:00-6:00 - via zoom
- Wednesday January 26th - School Nurses - 8:00 -9:30
- Tuesday February 1st - ECSE to Kinder Transition - 5:00-7:00 via zoom
- Wednesday February 2nd - ASCA Training with School Counselors via zoom