By: Brycen Murphy
SARS disease is caused by by a virus called a coronavirus(SARS-CoV)
How it's Transmitted
SARS disease is mainly transmitted by close person-to-person contact. The virus that causes SARS is thought to be transmitted most readily by respiratory droplets. They're produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
The symptoms of SARS disease begin with high fever. Other symptoms may include headache, an overall feeling of discomfort, and body aches.
How SARS is Treated
People with SARS disease are mainly treated for pneumonia. There aren't any affective treatments for viral pneumonia. People with SARS may be hospitalized.
Ways you can prevent yourself from getting it
- Patients should limit interactions and not go to work.
- Other members of the households don't need to restrict outdoor activities.
- People should consider respiratory secretions.
Interesting facts about SARS disease
- SARS is a contagious disease.
- SARS could be like chickenpox and spread before you know you have it.
- There are many other ways this disease can spread.
- The disease was first discovered by Carlo Urbani.