Tree Frogs News
9/14 - 9/18
Week One completed!
As we navigate through these new platforms and routines, we would love to hear from you.
Please to take a few minutes to send me your thoughts on our first week.
This week's newsletter is packed with important information from our Principal, AP, Media Specialist, Counselor, and our Nurses.
Please let us know if you have any questions!
The Tree Frog Team
We wanted to inform you all that beginning next week, Chase Street students will take the i-Ready Diagnostic.
- Students in grades K through 5th will take the diagnostic in reading and math.
- Students in grades 1 through 5 will begin taking the reading diagnostic Monday, September 21st. Each day (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) the students will be given 30 minutes to work on the assessment during their reading period. Friday will be an extra day for students to finish the test if need be.
- Beginning on Monday, September 28th, students in grades 1 through 5 will take the math diagnostic. Each day (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday) the students will work on the assessment for 30 minutes during their math period. Friday, October 2, will be an extra day for students to finish the test if need be.
*Kindergarten Update *
After a productive meeting with the Kindergarten team, we have made the decision to begin the i-Ready Diagnostic Assessment on Wednesday, September 23rd. This will allow the teachers additional time to prepare the students. The developers of this diagnostic assessment recommends planning for three 20 minutes sessions for each area (reading and math) and that is what we have planned. However, the amount of time required to complete the assessment will vary per student. When you have a moment, please watch the following videos to gain an understanding of the purpose of the assessment and insight into how to guide your child through the assessment.
Please spend a few minutes watching these videos to gain an understanding of the purpose of the assessment and to learn how we (guardians and teachers) will be partnering to administer this diagnostic.Brochure (English/Spanish)
Thank you very much for your support as we attempt to do something we have never attempted before, remote assessments.
Fridays during Distance Learning
Every child is encouraged to attend Morning Meeting, and most students will then have short lessons with their teachers.
The instructional day ends at 11 am on Fridays. Unless you hear from your teacher, your student may use the afternoon to catch up on work from the week, to read independently, or to enjoy any of the asynchronous lessons provided by the Specials team, collaborators, and homeroom teachers.
Having trouble with your device?
Our Student Support Technician, Mr. Malone, or our librarian, Mrs. Hudson, will be happy to help!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Online form: bit.ly/chasetechsupport
- Call/text: (762) 499-4559
We will get back to you by the next school day. Mr. Malone is also available on-site Monday through Thursday from 9:00 to 11:30am, or by appointment, for device repair and replacement.
The Counselor's Corner
A note from Ms. Ballard
From nurse Hilton and nurse Varin:
Just a reminder that this year Hearing, Vision, and Dental Screenings will not be performed by the school nurses. Screenings can be done by your physician, Health Department, or the Hillsman Health Center.
If you are uncertain if your child has previously had a screening done please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that these screenings be completed prior to in person learning.
Please make sure your child’s Immunizations are Up To Date. Immunizations can be done at your Doctor’s Office, Health Department, and Hillsman Health Center.