Bennett's Book Nook
The Shamer's Daughter
- Lene Kaaberbol
The young girl's mother was in danger of her life sentence for the false claims of being a shamer, her sentence, to be eaten by the monstrous dragons stored below the castle.
Detailed alternate solution:
I longed for the demise of her mother by the lifeless jaws of the powerful beast.
Down in the dumps
Fab Five's Fav's
- "The house of Ravens is down: The Order of the Dragon has risen where the ravens fall."-pg.116
I like this quote because it sounds like a quote from feudalistic times.
- "Look at my eyes!"-pg.9
i like this quote because this displays the anger of the main character.
- "The old fox. Invisible ink and reversed writing." pg.136
I like this quote because it demonstrated the diversity in intellectual abilities of the characters.
- "where've you been, slut?" pg.185
- " you are a merciless mirror, madamina." pg. 63
Face to Face
What was the scariest moment during the time you spent in the castle?
- Dina:The scariest moment for me was when we were fighting the dragons in the dragon pit, particularly the lifeless body of the dragon biting my arm.
How did you over come the fear of the dragons moving closer then attacking you?
- I didnt, I stood in the middle of the pit until Nicodemus came to move me from my statue like pose.
What did you feel the moment you realized that Dracan was the murderer?
- I didnt have much emotions at all except fear and anger. Fear for the life of my mother who was now in grave danger and anger at myself for not realizing sooner the guilt was
- We had no place to go. They had the whole church surrounded. Our only option was to raise our hands in humble defeat.
- I was terrified beyond compare, i thought for sure i was going to get me and her thrown into the dragon pit. She comforted me and told me what all was happening and it became clear he was on our side.
- He said that he was on our side, the latest he overheard the lady death say with her own lips that she was guilty
Why did Dracan find you?
He wanted to prove by use of shame that nick was guilty. When he got nothing out of either of us he set us up for false claims.
Why did you agree to spend lthe night with nico?
- I was confident with my life that my mother was right as she is the best shame of all, she was addiment that he was innocent and I trusted her.
- I was sure my mother was right although the question wandered in my mind... what if he was?...
- Then I had a whole night to figure that out. He would be dragged off of me before any real damage could occur as the guards were around the corner.
- Because Dracan said that he wanted to make it as painless as possible so he brought nico a gift he couldn't refuse liquor that had poison in it.
Best Seller/Discount Shelf
- "When you made a mistake in front of Tom, it felt like you let him down. His disappointment with me was plastered on his face."
- "Had the mission gone perfectly, we would have landed the Little Bird on the roof and entered the door on the second floor, only to come face-to-face with at least four heavily armed insurgents."
- "Sometimes the guys don't get him back"
- "I saw the tracer rounds, like lasers, cut through the dust cloud and zip past the helicopter."
- "Then my eye caught the glow of something streaking through the sky. for a split second, I thought i was looking at a shooting star until I realized it was heading right for me."
- " On one side of the cliff face towering over us and on the other side was an almost straight drop into the valley."
- "My body was tense and my abs screamed as I tried to fold my legs into my chest."
The main soldier of the story.
Rifle used for the Captain Philips rescue.
The place where seal team 6 trained. The spec ops anti-terrorism training facility.