August Newsletter for BCIS Families
Bridge Creek Public School's Mission is to create Growth opportunities that promote Resilience and inspire Tenacity in every Bobcat!
I am so excited for the opportunity to be a part of the Bridge Creek Community! I wanted to take a minute and connect with you by quickly introducing myself and my family.
- I am a Christian living daily by the grace of God alone.
- I am a wife to my loving and supportive husband of almost 15 years, Garret. He works in Higher Education at Mid-America Christian University.
- I am a mom to 3 amazing children. Garret and I have 2 sons and one daughter who are so excited to be joining me at Bridge Creek. Our oldest son, Noah, is 12 and will be in 6th grade at BCMS. Our second son and middle child, Eli, is 8 and will be in 2nd grade at BCECC. And finally, Ainsley - the baby of our family - is 6 and will be in Kindergarten at BCECC this fall.
- I am a daughter.
- I am a sister.
- I am an aunt.
- I am a friend.
- I am an educator. I have served in education for 18 years and am thrilled to be joining the BCIS Family.
Thank you for trusting me with your children!
I look forward to meeting and getting to know each one of you and yours !
With Love and Respect,
August 3, 2022
Dear BCIS Families,
I cannot tell you how excited we are to meet and welcome our BCIS Bobcats back to school! The school calendar for the 2022-2023 school year is posted below. Back to School Night is August 11 and the 1st Day of School for students is August 15. The Schedule for Back to School Night/Meet the Teacher and the School Supply Lists are posted below in the newsletter along with the 2022-2023 Student Handbook.
If you have not completed your Annual Review and Verification for the 2022-2023, school year, please complete asap. This is a requirement. Students will not be placed in classes and will not receive a schedule if the Annual Review is not completed. We need it to be completed asap. You will need to update one form of residency. Click here for the link.
New Before/After School Schedule:
(2022-2023 School Year)
8:20 Doors Open
(Students will either go to the cafeteria for breakfast or go to the gym.
8:40 Breakfast Ends
(Students should be at school by 8:35 if they wish to eat breakfast.)
8:45 School Starts
3:40 Car Rider/Daycare Dismissal
3:45 Bus Rider Dismissal
You will find the following in this newsletter:
- Office Staff
- Annual Review and Verification of Student Information (REQUIRED)
- New Student Enrollment
- School Supply List
- BCECC Student Handbook
- Counselor's Corner
- Mark Your Calendar
- Back to School/Meet the Teacher Schedule
- 2022-2023 School Calendar
- Box Tops for Education
- K-5 Family Guides
My door is always open to each and every one of you. I welcome your ideas and feedback.
Thank you for trusting the staff of BCIS with your children!
ANNUAL REVIEW AND VERIFICATION OF STUDENT INFORMATION
Families that are returning to BCPS each year are required to review and verify student information for all students in grades K-12. The process is completed using the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. Please review and verify your student’s information ASAP. Students will not be placed in classes and will not receive a schedule until this is completed.
Students will not receive a class schedule in August if their information has not been reviewed and verified. Please go to www.bridgecreekbobcats.org and click on the Bridge Creek Enrollment Center link in the gray bar to the left. Click on the Existing Family Link. If you are using a mobile device, scroll down and click View Full Site. Please review and verify the information for all of the students living in your household.
NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT
New Student Enrollment is open now!
- Go to www.bridgecreekbobcats.org and click on Enrollment Center to register your children using our Online Registration link. If you are using a mobile device, scroll down and click on View Full Site and then click on Enrollment Center.
- You can enroll your children online from home or you can attend our one day in person enrollment event on August 4 for both new student enrollment and returning student verification. You can go to any school site and register all of your children from a kiosk at that site.
- The hours for the in person event are 9:00 to 12:00 and 1:00 to 3:00 on Thursday, Aug. 4.
Important Dates to Remember
Back to School Night
1st Day of School
Bond Election - Go Vote!
Remote Learning Day
Labor Day - No School
Boosterthon Fun Run
Remote Learning Day