From the Desk of Miss Foyle
Week of 2/15/16
Top 5 Things to Know
2. Parent/Teacher conferences will be on Friday, March 4th. Information regarding middle school sign up was sent in the ICSJ weekly Thursday update. Sign-up goes live on Monday, 2/22.
3. Are you looking for ways to spend more time reflecting on Scripture and some of life's bigger questions this Lent? Here are a few helpful resources:
- Dynamic Catholic's "Best Lent Ever"
- USCCB's Lent in the Year of Mercy webpage of resources
4. CRS Rice Bowls are due by March 18th. Take some time this Lent to determine a meaningful giving commitment with your family. Check out the official website: http://www.crsricebowl.org/families
5. Please check your child's red folder for the following assessments from me:
*6 LA - nonfiction reading quiz, writing prompt (process) response & rubric
--> Argumentative essays have been scored, but these will be sent home next week in order for Miss Bradley and I to conference with the students.
*6 Religion - Family Life Quiz
*8 Religion - none
6th Language Arts
This week's root words: PREHEND, RAP/RAPT
This week's grammar concept: direct objects & indirect objects
Example: Mary gave Elisa a cake for her birthday.
(Direct object = cake - it's being given)
(Indirect object = Elisa - it's the person to whom the DO is being given)
Students will study Lesson 10 on Monday, and their Family Life quiz will be on Tuesday, Feb. 23rd.