5th Grade Challenge
May 2017 Newsletter
We finished Chapter 8, which was based on the events leading up to the Revolutionary War. Now that PSSAs are completed, we are diving right into our Challenge Revolution, which is based on the events of the actual Revolutionary War discussed in Chapter 9.
The Challenge Revolution
During the Challenge Revolution, the students will be participating in a competition of sorts with a small group of students. They will be completing various individual and team activities that demonstrate their understanding of the Revolutionary War, as well as their creativity and ability to work together. Details for this have been given to the student. I have also attached the calendar of expectations and packet that explains each step of the Challenge Revolution to my website here: Challenge Revolution Packet and Calendar. The homework is also posted to this link. The students will work diligently during class and out of class to complete the activities and assignments. The Challenge Revolution will last until then 1st of June.
Reciting of Paul Revere's Ride
Thursday, May 25th, 10am
Mrs. Clark's Room
Field Trip to Independence Hall
Thursday, May 18th, 9am-2:45pm
Independence Hall, Philadelphia, PA, United States
- Students need a bagged lunch. AVOID ALL NUTS PLEASE.
- Students need to dress appropriately for the weather and walking.
- Students may bring electronic devices, but they are responsible for them.
- Students are not allowed to eat or drink in the park buildings.
- Students may bring money, but I can not promise that we will have time for shopping.
- Students will be responsible for speaking with their teachers ahead of time to find out what work they will miss, and how to make-up the work.
More information to come.