Get the latest on what is happening in the SBE library
WHAT'S GOIN ON??
- Reading Counts, Fastt Math, and Istation are up and running. If you encounter any problems, get new students, or have any other issues, please let me know. I'll work to solve any issues as quickly as I can.
- The library computers have now been updated with shortcuts for Reading Counts and Istation. You can now send students to the library to complete tests, etc. I will have a set of computers labeled for their use.
- SBE library has its own website - go check it out! You'll find the Destiny catalog, HEB resources, links to each city's library, and much more. http://shetlandlibrary.weebly.com/
- STEAM Makerspace will be coming to the library! I am in the process of devising a plan of implementation to bring creative thinking and problem solving activities to our students. There will be a letter going home in the near future describing what STEAM Makerspaces are and asking each grade level for specific donations. Teachers, if you are able to donate some of the following items, I would greatly appreciate it! I am looking for: Legos, crayons, toilet paper and paper towels rolls, index cards, paper plates, pipe cleaners, popsicle sticks, paper/plastic cups, Tinker Toys....just to name a few things. Do you have any other odds-and-ends around the house? Let me know, I bet I could use it. Thank you, Thank you!!
- Suggestions?? Over the last couple of weeks people have been asking me how I like my library, what am I going to do in my library, and so on. The SBE library is OUR library - yours, mine, the students, all of us. I'd like to know what kinds of books and/or series you would like to have in our library. I am going to place a suggestion box for teachers and one for students on the circulation desk. I'll have sheets that you/students can fill out to let me know what you would like to have in the library. As I begin ordering new books, I will take these suggestions into consideration. This is open to everyone (no matter the subject area you teach).
- The younger students have been learning how to properly take care of books. I am super impressed by how seriously they are taking the responsibility of book care! They are notifying me of every tear, drawing, dog ear they find, and more. Way to go!
- I can't wait to share the Dewey Decimal System and looking up books by Lexile number with the older students. Hopefully that will make searching the library easier for these students.