CALVIN PARK UPDATE
Week of May 3-7, 2021
THIS WEEK AT CALVIN PARK
May 3-9 is Mental Health Awareness Week
Monday, May 3 - Day 1
- Virtual Learning Week #3
- Mental Health Tip #1: It is good for our mental health to be positive! Think about all the things that are good in your life. Think about what you are thankful for every day and try to be optimistic about things. What are you grateful for and feeling positive about?
Tuesday, May 4 - Day 2
- Mental Health Tip #2: It is good for our mental health to be active! Physical exercise is a great way to reduce stress and improve our mood. Biking, walking, skipping and playing all kinds of sports are ways to be active that helps our mental and physical health and improves well-being. What ways do you stay active?
- May the "Fourth" (Force) Be With You! Students and staff are encouraged to wear Star Wars clothing and costumes!
Wednesday, May 5 - Day 3
- Mental Health Tip #3: It is good for our mental health to be connected! You can be connected to friends, family, pets and your community. Talking, sharing a meal, doing an activity or helping others are ways to stay connected with those around you. How do you stay connected to important people or pets in your life?
Thursday, May 6 - Day 4
- Mental Health Tip #4: It is good for our mental health to be creative! Being creative can be a great way to express your feelings and reduce your stress. Some ways of being creative are drawing, playing music, painting, writing, dancing, singing, scrapbooking and taking pictures. What are some ways you are creative?
- Virtual "Celebration of Dance" at 11:00 pm
Friday, May 7 - Day 5
- Mental Health Tip #5: It is good for our mental health to be mindful! Being mindful means using all of your senses to really be present in your day. Relaxation exercises and deep breathing can really help you to be calm and alert and ready to learn. What helps you to be mindful, relax and breathe deeply?
- Calvin Clothing Spirit Day - wear blue and red or your Calvin clothing. Show your Comet spirit!
May 24 Victoria Day Holiday
Claudine Elvidge (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Krystle Holton ( email@example.com )
Secretary/Treasurer: Sarah Phinney
Thank you to those families who were able to attend the virtual presentation on Tuesday, April 27, from Laura Conboy, the Mental Health Lead in the Limestone District School Board. During the presentation, we learned about her role in the Board and some of the resources and supports that are available for our children.
Our Indigo and FlipGive fundraisers will be continuing until June 25th. For more information about these fundraisers, please view the Calvin Park School Advisory Council Update https://www.smore.com/beqxr Participation in these fundraisers is easy! Just sign up and a percentage of what you spend for regular purchases like groceries, gas, home products and gifts, will go to our school. All fundraising this year will be used to purchase new books for classroom libraries to reflect diverse lives and issues related to equity, racism, and inclusion.
FOOD AND CLOTHING SUPPORTS
BAYRIDGE SS COMPUTER CHALLENGE
VIRTUAL CELEBRATION OF DANCE ON MAY 6 AT 11:00 AM
On May 6th at 11:00am EST, Calvin Park will be participating in the virtual Celebration of Dance, along with many other students from across our district! Information will be shared by their teachers before this event! Students can dance in their own homes by themselves or with family members. It might be a much-needed break for all to enjoy some activity time together! Many students have participated in the past and have fond memories of the event! If you wish, please share your pictures or videos with your child's teacher or post on social media using the hashtags #dancetogether2021and tag @DANCEPL3Y
GRADE 8 GRADUATION CEREMONY
GRADE 8 GRADUATION PHOTOS
Ontario Government Support for Learners
If you received a payment through the Support for Learners program, you do not need to apply. Starting on April 26, 2021, we will begin issuing additional payments of:
- $400 for each child or youth up to Grade 12
- $500 for each child or youth up to age 21 with special needs
If you missed applying for the Support for Learners program, you will have the opportunity to apply for this new round of payment. Applications will open from May 3, 2021 to May 17, 2021.Learn more on the government’s Support for Learners webpage liked below.
RESOURCES TO SUPPORT MENTAL HEALTH
DAILY COVID SCREENING
LOOKING FOR MORE INFORMATION?
Please continue to check these Limestone District School Board platforms for the most up-to-date information from our Board.
LDSB Website https://www.limestone.on.ca/
LDSB Twitter: https://twitter.com/LimestoneDSB
LDSB Facebook https://tinyurl.com/wbhjtku
LDSB Instagram https://instagram.com/limestonedsb/
In addition, please follow our:
Calvin Park Twitter account: @CalvinPark_LDSB or https://twitter.com/CalvinPark_LDSB
Calvin Park Website: https://calvinpark.limestone.on.ca/
Calvin Park Public School Office: (613) 542-2796
Mrs. Christine LeClair, Office Administrator
Mrs. Elizabeth Suriyuth, Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Wilma Pettingill, Vice-Principal: email@example.com