Next Week at SBHS
Friday, November 18th
Due to next week's holiday, the next edition of this newsletter will be on Friday, December 2nd
Upcoming Events at SBHS
Here are the upcoming events for next week hosted here at SBHS, athletics events listed as "home games," and significant post-season athletic events such as region or state finals. Additional athletics events may be scheduled based on the results of the games below. Please check stonebridgesports.org next week for the most updated information.
9th/JV/V Girls Basketball Scrimmage Home vs Forest Park 6/6/7:30 PM
Wednesday, November 23rd - Thursday, November 24th
- No School - Student/Staff Holiday
Friday, November 25th
- No School - Student/Staff Holiday
- Potential Varsity Football TBD
- Winter Sports Pictures (time varies after school)
Tuesday, November 29th
- Senior Portraits
Wednesday, November 30th
- 9th/JV/V Girls Basketball Home vs Dominion 5:00/7:30/6:15 PM
- 9th/JV/V Boys Basketball Home vs Dominion 6:15/5:00/7:30 PM
Thursday, December 3rd
Friday, December 4th
- Spirit Day: Gray Out
- Winter Sports Pep Rally (Activity Bell Schedule)
- 9th/JV/V Girls Basketball Home vs Rock Ridge 6:15/5:00/7:30 PM
- 9th/JV/V Boys Basketball Home vs Rock Ridge 5:00/7:30/6:15 PM
Former SBHS grad, Che'Maiah Francis, is coming to SBHS on Monday, 11/21, to talk about apprenticeship paths in telecommunications and electrical. If you have a 7th or 8th Block class you’d like her to speak with your students (about 15-20 minutes), please let me know. Your class can either come to the Career Center, or we can come to you. For individual students who are interested, there will be a “Lunch and Learn” in the Career Center from 12-1 (C and D lunch blocks). Students can sign up for those in the Career Center.
Band & Orchestra Student Recognition
Congratulations to the following students for their recent recognition for Regional, State, and National Accomplishments. Charlie Andress, Claire Lee, Cynthia Zao, Jeremy Oh, and Andrew Brown recently represented the SBHS Band and Orchestra programs at the North Central VA Senior Regional Orchestra this past weekend. Mitali Srivastava and Bradley Nelson will be representing SBHS at the All-VA Jazz Event this coming week in Richmond. Owen Hochwald recently participated in the National Concert Band at National Harbor as one of the top clarinetists in the nation! If you see these student musicians, please recognize their outstanding accomplishments!
The application process for seniors is now open for the Senior Capstone this year, which will take place from May 15 - 31, 2023. Find out more from the Stone Bridge website under "Activities/Senior Capstone" in the Capstone Handbook 2023, Capstone Ideas and Placements, Capstone Application (Click on Google Form link), and Capstone Permission Click for Signatures. The due date to apply is April 14, 2023.
Food for Neighbors Partnership
Would you like to help students in our area receive the healthy food they need to succeed in school? We’re partnering with Food For Neighbors to stock the food pantry in our school and supply supplemental weekend food to our students who struggle with food insecurity outside of school hours.
FFN is looking for Red Bag Donors to donate food 5 times per school year, volunteers to drive and pick up the food, and sorters to help organize and pack the food on event days. It only takes a few minutes to sign up and can make a huge difference in the lives of local teens! Visit their website to donate food and volunteer. Thanks for your support!
Message from Food for Neighbors
Holiday meals are a special time when families come together. Can you help make the holidays special for a local family struggling with food insecurity? Since 2016, Food For Neighbors has been providing holiday meals to students in middle and high schools throughout Fairfax and Loudoun counties. For every $50 donated to the Food For Neighbors Holiday Meals Program, they will provide a $50 grocery store gift card for a local family to purchase a nutritious and delicious meal this season. To donate, visit FFN Holiday Meals Program.
Attendance Reminders - Updated 11/1/22
- All absence, tardy and early dismissal requests should be submitted through the ParentVUE app or via email at email@example.com. Requests will not be accepted by phone or handwritten note.
- ParentVUE will only allow you to make one request per student per day. Please submit any additional requests for the day via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Requests will only be excused if a valid reason is provided or prior authorization has been obtained from the Principal, Mr Flynn. Please email me at the Attendance Office if you need a form for a Pre-Authorized absence. · Please visit the Attendance page on the school website (Attendance Reporting / Attendance Main Page (lcps.org). The LCPS Guidelines for excused absences, tardy arrivals and early dismissals is outlined in both the Parent FAQ and the Student FAQ. Attendance rules for participation in athletic and extra-curricular activities are also provided.
- Early Dismissal requests can take up to an hour to process. ParentVUE and email are not monitored constantly, so it may take some time for me to even see it. The earlier you can submit early dismissal requests, the better. If you need your child quickly, the quickest way to have them dismissed is to park in front of the school and come into the school with a valid photo ID. You will not be permitted to enter the building without an ID. Students can only be released to a parent, guardian or emergency contact. If a sibling living at home is not listed as an emergency contact, we cannot release the student to the sibling for pick up. Please make any necessary updates to your student’s Emergency Contacts in ParentVUE