Patriot Post 08.10.2022
Brought to You by Shepard Elementary and the Shepard PTA
In this week's edition...
- Message from Mrs. Bishop
- How to find your teacher's name in Parent Portal
- Family To Do List
- What to expect for the 2022-23 School Year
- Enrollment info for new students- tell your neighbors!
- Who is my teacher?????
- Registration Forms to be completed before school starts- all students, returning and new!
- Meet the Teacher Event!
- Parent Information Meeting Nights
- Plano ISD Back to School Event
- What's for lunch?
- Shepard Sock Hop- our favorite family event is back!
- PTA Updates
Message from Mrs. Bishop
Hi, Shepard Families!
We had a great first day of school! Lots of smiles and laughter- it was so great to have kids back in the building!
Thank you all for your patience at dismissal today. We are working on teaching the kids our new carpool process, but things will be all smoothed out in a couple of days.
Your children may have mentioned that we are closing and locking all grade level and classroom doors this year. This allows us to provide the most secure learning environment for your child. With our bathrooms located outside our grade levels, we are teaching students the process to return to the grade level safely. Please check out the Plano ISD Back to School Plan at https://www.pisd.edu/backtoschoolplan The Back to School Plan includes safety measures, including locked instructional areas as well as Covid-19 protocols.
Please see the schedule below for Parent Information Meetings.
We are looking forward to a great Day 2 tomorrow!
Shepard Elementary Principal
School Cafe For Cafeteria Payments
PISD offers an online payment system for cafeteria purchases. You can download the School Cafe App or go to https://www.pisd.edu/Page/3841
Click To Follow Us!
Catch the latest Shepard Elementary news on Facebook!
Calendar of Upcoming Events
11| 1st, 2nd, 3rd Grades Parent Information Night- see details below
12| PTA General Meeting 8:00 AM in the Cafeteria
15| 4th, and 5th Grades Parent Information Night- see details below
2| Student Holiday- No School
5| Labor Day/ Student and Staff Holiday- No School
8| Shepard PTA Sock Hop- Family Event! 6 - 7:30 pm
29| School Picture Day
10| Student and Staff Holiday- No School
11| Parent Teacher Conference Day/Student Holiday- No School
Parent Information Meeting Nights
This year, each grade level will offer a single information session, but none of the grade levels will overlap!
Thursday, August 11- Cafeteria
1st Grade will meet at 5:30 pm
3rd Grade will meet at 7:00 pm
Monday, August 15- Cafeteria
4th Grade will meet at 6:00 pm
5th Grade will meet at 6:45 pm
School Lunch Prices
2022-2023 Meal Prices
Effective August 10, 2022
- The United States Department of Agriculture waiver that allowed Plano ISD to provide free meals to all students during the last school year has expired.
- Plano ISD will resume charging for meals during the 2022-23 school year based on student eligibility for meal benefits.
Student Breakfast for elementary students is $1.75
Student Lunch for elementary students is $2.85
Adult lunch costs have not been determined.
We will post a link to menus once they are available. Man, I miss those chicken nuggets!
Click here to see information about the Free and Reduced Price Meal Program Eligibility for 2022. School breakfast and lunches are no longer free for all students. https://www.pisd.edu/Page/3848
Printable August Lunch Menu
First General PTA Meeting Friday, 8/12 at 8am
Join Shepard PTA
It’s that time again to JOIN THE SHEPARD PTA. Just CLICK HERE. By being a PTA member, you're helping to support all the PTA sponsored events (field trips, sock hop, field day, etc.), teachers, and students at Shepard. You can volunteer as little or as much as you want. If you sign up by the end of August, you will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win some Shepard swag! We will do our best to keep you updated here on how and when you can get involved. *Note* your membership must be renewed each year.
P.S. You can even get amazing discounts at Great Wolf Lodge, Walt Disney and car rentals!
Calling All Volunteers!
You can email our VP of Volunteers, Lauren Roberson at Roberson.email@example.com to let her know you are/might be interested in volunteering.
Annual Shepard Sock Hop
New '22-'23 Shepard Merch
Patriot Dads and Watch D.O.G.S.
We are in the process of kickstarting the Watch D.O.G.S. program and are looking for male volunteers who would be willing to spend a full day at the school once or twice a year. Volunteers would serve in their child's class, help with specials, and assist teachers and administration. If you are interested or would like to know more, please fill out this form.
PISD School Events
There Are So Many Ways to Support Shepard Elementary:
- Love Your Shepard PTA?: Make it official by joining today!
- Add AmazonSmile to your mobile Amazon App!
- Drop Donations in the World Wear Project. For a list of accepted donations click here.
- Support Shepard Elementary through Box Tops and the Coca-Cola Give program.
- Connect your Tom Thumb loyalty card to Shepard Elementary
- PTA membership, spirit wear and yard signs can be purchased all in one place, at the same time: at the Shepard PTA website.