History of Connecticut
By: Elizabeth Elkins
- Connecticut was founded when Minster Thomas Hooker lead hundreds of settlers to set up an new colony.
- The new colonly started in 1635, at Hartford, Connecicut.
- Majority of the population were mixed with Indians and white people
- The first people known to have lived in the area now called Connecticut were American Indians
- Some jobs the colony had were farmers, carpenters, Some were weavers and milers, and people who wove canvas and nets for fishing.
- Religion was not just a faith or personal decision; it also had a political dimension and had great influence over the lives of the colonists. Colonial ruled by the strict leadership of one type of church slowly gave way to the desire by colonists to practice the faith that they choose.