End of the School Year
for teachers not returning next year
Is this you? If so, this flyer will walk you through the steps you should take in relation to your teacher and classroom technology.
Master Technology Checklist
Technology to Turn In
- Teacher computer
- Teacher iPad
- Teacher iPod
- Student laptops - not in a cart
- Student iPad(s) - not in a cart
- Student iPod(s) - not in a cart
- All device power adaptors & VGA adaptors (dongles)
- Computer Projector
- Apple TV
- A cart of devices (iPads, iPods, Chromebooks, etc.)
- Desktop computers
- Document camera
Please email the tech department with the classroom technology equipment that you do have so it can be inventoried. The items listed above will not be turned into the technology office.
Documents, photos & other files on my computer
- Use a USB drive (AKA flash drive, jump drive, pen drive) - Depending on the amount and size of your files, you might able to back them all up on a USB drive. Amazon sells a variety of 8, 16 & 32 GB drives.
- Use an external hard drive - Maybe you need something that will hold more data than 32GB. An external hard drive might be the option for you. Amazon offers several 1-2 TB portable external hard drives for under $100.
- Use Dropbox - You can create 2 GB of storage free with the option of obtaining up to 32 GB in extra space through friend referrals.
- Use Google Drive - When you create a personal Google Drive account, you receive 15 GB of storage space. You can use any email address to create your Google Drive account.
Google data services include:
- Google Photos
- Google Play Books
- Google+ Circles
*Note: Google does not delete your data after exporting.
Once you start the archive process, you do not need to sit and wait for it to be completed. You will receive an email letting you know when your ZIP archive is completed and ready to be downloaded.
Google Drive: Transferring File Ownership
- Go to the sharing options for that specific file or folder
- Click Advanced in the bottom-right corner of the sharing box
- Find the person who will become the new owner
- Change the editing options to Is Owner
- Click Save Changes
- Click Done
You will still have access to the file as an editor, but you will no longer own that file or folder. When you school Google account is removed, that information will still be available to your colleagues.
Other options for dealing with Gmail & Google Drive
- Forward emails you want to keep to your personal email account
- Create a pdf file of the emails you want to keep and save them to an external drive, Dropbox or a personal Google Drive
- Download any files you want to keep and save them to an external drive or Dropbox
- Share them with your personal Google Drive account and transfer the ownership rights